SPOILER !! Week Aug 19

Last edited:
A shirtless Xander is always welcome, to my observation. (A phenomenon I understand.)

Here are other things that would be more welcome than this recent spoiler batch:
  • Any recipe conjured up by Marlena - even her atrocious cereal
  • John weeping on Caterina's grave
  • Kate selecting her next chunk color
  • Johnny and Chanel pointlessly planning their future
  • A special visit from Princess Gina wherein she details her throne-polishing routine

Honestly, I'm into this whole mess with Brady, Fiona, Sarah and Xander. That, and the Fake Abby and Chad thing, are actually worth my time watching. I also don't hate Gabi's revenge on Stefan, especially if it involves boinking EJ. You go, girl!

The elderly teens are a bore, and of course Connie and Body & Soul are unwatchable, but I can power through the rest without wanting to self immolate.

I have no patience for a dragged out story any more. I enjoyed it back when the writing was so good, but .......................times change. I have not enjoyed Brady for some time now. Always have enjoyed Xander, but.....yes, it is the writing, the storylines written for these really enjoyable actors, who somehow make their characters easier to watch despite the lousy storylines.

As to the teens.........what teens? Perhaps, if the show thought a bit about it, if there were actors closer to the teen years playing the parts, they might be able to help the writers with how teenagers act, react, talk, etc. these days. Days "teens" do not across as such.......they talk, act, plot, just like the mid-late 20s people they are in real life.

Guess the Salem teens just mature much faster then those who are truly juniors in high school.

Salemites spend an inordinate amount of time at bedsides as well as lying unconscious in a bed with a tube up their nose. (This means you, Rafe.) Maybe they behave so irresponsibly in their personal lives because they never know when they’ll be lying flat on their backs attached to all sorts of medical devices.

Honestly, I am truly trying hard to be generous, accepting that Days has been going thru a huge change up behind the scenes. People let go, others suddenly moved up, given more to do, stuff they MAY not have been familiar with or not realized all that was involved in whatever the job is.

Very obvious Corday was not paying attention, but more that he doesn't have the talent his parents had for Salem, it's inhabitants, it's past...even whatever was going on when he had to take over. I so want Janet Drucker to succeed, as she was thrust suddenly into the driver's seat for Days. They film so far in advance, we won't see it for a while, but one thing I hope is they slow down the filming, so as to not be 5-6 months ahead, allowing them to be able to "fix" something not working, a lot sooner.

Back