Salem's weather

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ah, so the writers finally decided that since it is January, they should probably show some winter weather, and so today, 1/27, we have this huge snowstorm! Everyone is mentioning it....but tell me. Is everyone dressed for it?
Oh, I saw a couple overcoats on some males, a scarf or two. No hats, gloves, mittens, hoods. Ladies in silk dresses, skirts barely covering their butts, no boots anywhere in sight.

Does wardrobe watch the news? At all? Last year was the coldest, nastiest winter, and the news in CA had to cover at least some of it. In the morning, all those winter clad people are outside the CBS studios, the NBC studios, the hosts frequently go out and chat them up.
And first thing I thought, was, boy, snowstorms all over the country, and a humdinger on the east coast today, and there is Salem having a huge snowstorm. Compare the people on the news (yes the outside reporters as well) to the dolts in Salem, who apparently have no idea how to dress in a snowstorm or blizzard.
And amazing that people come in from the snow covered streets, no snow on their clothes, none in their hair, and they are not even stamping their feet to get the caked snow off. Heck, it was snowing and Clyde did not even have his coat buttoned.
Just amazing.

In the "truth in advertising department", I live in Phoenix where it's "cold" at 65. But last night I was watching a show and it started with the host outside in the snow, then she came inside and took her gloves off. Her fingers were sore, per her word, and bright red. She had a heavy coat, and scarf on. and what looked like decent gloves. I am amazed at how well Salemites get around in the "mid-west" winters they suffer though.

Good coincidence with the snowstorm, (considering today's show was filmed in October) as the Boston area is having possibly a record breaking snow today.

Also learned the area outside of Will and Sonny's front door, is open, as the snow was falling outside their door.

Remember there's no such thing as coincidence.....

maybe Celeste told the writers there would be a blizzard
today on the East coast :)

EJ knew how to wear a scarf. He put in under his coat when
he went outside. That's how I wear mine.

Clyde's scarf was hanging from his neck and not wrapped around
it. And his coat was open. I bet he's cold under the snow.

I'd feel a lot better about the Salem weather if it weren't to serve DA PLOT. And I give the writers/wardrobers an "A" for effort on the wardrobe but "D-" for execution.

Very true. The last time I can recall weather being mentioned (at all) was the night EJ was shot. It was a big deal that it was so warm out and he decided to walk...

I am glad that we finally see winter weather make an appearance in toqwn, but why can't anyone dress like it? It is too cold to wear that kind of clothing here in Philly, so how could they possibly stand it in Midwestern winters?

This thread just made me realize something. When was the last time it rained in Salem? When was the last time we saw someone running in with an umbrella. Was that 4th of July episode a few years ago the last time? I remember Will, Chad, T, Kenzie sitting around a table in the pub, with flashes of lightning outside and they were talking/telling a story and there were fantasy scenes which included other members of the cast. I didn't pay much attention to the episode lol which is why I vaguely remember it. Anyway, it never rains in Salem USA.

Back