Prayers for Florida Hurricane Milton

Just as an FYI, Lisa and I happen to be dead in the center of the path at the moment (Palmetto, FL) unless it turns, which it hasn't for the last 36 hours. Shutters are up. We have sandbags to put out, and that's about all we can do except wait at the moment.
To follow up, Lisa and I came home on Thursday. We chose to evacuate South East to Palm Beach Gardens on the other coast for a couple of days.

Got home to one blown out fence panel, no power, and no network, but we believe that seems to be the extent of it. We were very, very lucky. Others in our subdivision didn't fare so well, but nothing like the damage we expected.

The hurricane which by all blessings hit the coast as a Cat 3 and not a Cat 4 or 5 was almost directly centered over our house. A little north and the damage would have been far worse (on the back side of the spin). A little south and everything would have been even better (for us)..

Hopefully no one else here was affected by either Helene or Milton. Hopefully the potential hurricane Nadine decides to go home instead of crashing the party next week.

Wayne

Link to photos of damage

The image of Tropicana Field Stadium's missing roof hits home for Lisa and I. We almost regularly attended ball games there every couple of weeks and would have been sitting on the ground floor underneath all that falling metal.

Am so glad you both are o.k., and your home stayed intact. Thank you, bless your heart, for keeping in touch and easing our minds. I have a good friend who lives right in the middle of where the storm hit.........she only was able to post she was o.k.

Back