Ron Carlivati (head writer) leaving

Cwikly/Ford just the second female duo to be head writers of Days.

New head writers Paula Cwikly and Jeanne Marie Ford are just the second female duo to be head writers of Days in its 59-year history, joining the duo of Margaret DePriest and Sheri Anderson, who were the head writers for 632 episodes from April 19, 1982-September 21, 1984.

Ron Carlivati to end Days run in 3rd place all-time for most episodes as head writer.

Ron Carlivati will wrap his Days run in April 2025, with around 1,960-1,970 episodes as head writer. That places him just behind William J. Bell (2,211 episodes) and James E. Reilly (2,069 episodes) on the all-time Days list.

Early 2003: Nicole and Victor getting married, Rex and Cassie in Salem, Kate and Roman confessing their feelings, Lexie drama with Brandon, Victor trying to keep Brady away from Chloe, Bo quits the force to fight crime his own way, Belle wins a love is blind contest and a date with Philip, Lucas and Sami relationship drama, he falls off the wagon.
I remember this time period. It wasn't all great, but I was a fan of Brady/Chloe and enjoyed Cassie & Rex. Especially Cassie.

(I watch "The Rookie" now and still associate Eric Winter with Rex.)

Lots of attorneys probably wish that they could ditch law practice and become a successful writer like John Grisham. Unlike Grisham who only has to deal his publisher and those who edit his work, Carlivati chose a difficult path where he has to contented with TPTB, cast, sponsors, directors, and soap fans. And then there’s always the chance that somebody like the Fired Guy can come along and cause unexpected problems. I can’t say that I’m sorry he’s leaving Days —- even though we went to the same college — but I do wish him success in the future

It does seem as tho it was rather abrupt, with the news breaking and he was gone that day........but, there has been nothing to indicate whether the decision was his alone, or the show itself.

In the past....we'd hear the actor's last episode will be this Thursday, or Tuesday, .........but now, Days films so far in advance, who knows!

Whatever the case, it seems that there will be no explanation........so GUESSING that the two sides agreed.......Ron would leave immediately, the show would announce his leaving and the replacement, and everyone keeps their lips zipped.

Last edited:
I'm sorry but his waxing on about Luke & Laura should have disqualified him from writing a soap in 2017.

Meanwhile most of the buzz around this is focusing on the fact that these writers are fairly - let's say - seasoned, which makes me fearful we'll get more of the same slow, 1970s-style pacing. Hopefully they're smarter than that.

Paula Cwikly and Jeanne Marie Ford's Last Blast Dance 2002 episode.

Here's a look at one of the new head writing duo Paula Cwikly and Jeanne Marie Ford's scripts from 2002. Cwikly was the head writer and Ford the script writer for # 9327, the Last Blast Dance 2002 episode:

a5c398d1c0a57c3b4c7d2a1f16f8ebd96782ca5d.jpg

fef8734e7b5974705a5015b4a4a10eacbf3eca32.jpg

1c0a46a4e09e5542dbb4ff820152a0185bbf745c.jpg

f0d3c81ec0535f2da36df4a3c579ae3fb2d84fb3.jpg

7d4b9883788b768b1bfeadaceaf2c7b977b35aa7.jpg

21434692e84e178f3a0621adcb003e9381eed681.jpg

11a10e240f107e6329ee3980c33d603df3f161b6.jpg

I am noting that the dialogue writer today was David Kreizman........and the episode was directed by Scott McKinsey..........who has directed a lot, and is the son of Beverlee McKinsey, late star of Guiding Light. (she played Alexandra Spaulding). I remember seeing Scott's first directing show.......he really has grown up in the soap world.......and it shows. I am so happy he is now with Days. And David has written for Days for some time now........just a terrific show today. Thank you to all involved.

I know that Ron Carlivati is gone, but I would love to tell him: “Adding Body and Soul to Days as a soap within a soap is probably right up there with the worst script ideas he has ever come up with."

What a waste of air time. So ridiculous and not enjoyable for me at all.

I've been hunting and I've yet to find confirmation of either.

Which leads me to believe he was canned/terminated/iced/fired. There's usually more confidentiality in that situation.

I maintain that Body & Soul might have been fun as a spin-off or limited series separate from the show, or done regularly (like on Tuesdays). That way the actors get to do different things, but the viewers who don't care can skip it. If it's played lightly, it could even attract some unique viewers.

But alas, working it into the show seems ridiculous. I preferred the time Abe had amnesia and we all mostly forgot about him.

Back