Ratings Report for the Week of June 30 – July 4, 2014

:clap::clap::clap: I will never understand why the Idiots In Charge felt the need to tape so far ahead. No other soap does this that far ahead to my knowledge. The other issue is over-exposure of certain characters (deleted spoiler info in non-spoiler forum....JS) and the under exposure of certain others who are part of the reason that made it so great.

The periods of "greatness" would not just be periods but story arcs filled with character driven elements and not plot related events that come out of the blue often times with no prior warning. That is also a huge issue with DAYS. It all goes back to my earlier point of this fixation DAYS/NBC heads have for the sensational whether it totally trashes characters or not.

HelplessRomantic, I did some digging and found out that James E. Reilly introduced the character of EJ, but Hogan Sheffer and Meg Kelly wrote the black glove and the rape storyline. In any event, I think that in order for the ratings to improve dramatically, Ken Corday is going to have to "clean" house on screen and behind the scenes. In my opinion, nothing airing currently is working.

:clap::clap::clap: I will never understand why the Idiots In Charge felt the need to tape so far ahead. No other soap does this that far ahead to my knowledge.
They didn't make a decision to be "so far ahead", it happened gradually over time. They became super focused on being time-efficient and working with the huge budget cuts, doing only one take and getting in as much taping as they can in one day. Over the months and years, it went from the normal 4-6 weeks ahead (that most of the other soaps are) to the 5-6 months ahead Days is currently dealing with.

Back