Ratings Report for the Week of December 15-19, 2014

I don't think the show will be cancelled for a long time; however, I do think it will continue to lose out in the ratings. The other 3 soaps (although they also have some flaws; no show on TV is perfect) have been doing fantastic. DOOL, for a long time now, has not. If Corday pulls his head outta the sand, he'll make big changes to the storylines, sets, and filming schedule.

They're already set to air through 2017 with the current contract. Whether they get picked up after that is anybody's guess at this point, but I wouldn't want to bet that they will unless ratings pick up.

I don't think the show will be cancelled for a long time; however, I do think it will continue to lose out in the ratings. The other 3 soaps (although they also have some flaws; no show on TV is perfect) have been doing fantastic. DOOL, for a long time now, has not. If Corday pulls his head outta the sand, he'll make big changes to the storylines, sets, and filming schedule.
It's not the sand that he has his head in

DAYS 2,315,000 (-140,000/-120,000)

To lose 140,000 viewers in a week - that's bad! You expect to see a drop like that the week after a big reveal or return - when numbers increased because viewers tuned in for something specific, something big. You don't expect to see a drop that huge the week following a normal week of story telling.

Back