John Black

DDDrama

Reaction score
I am enjoying seeing John back in town. As an actor, I think Drake Hogestyn has changed his acting technique. It seems, again in the few times he has had some screen time, that he seems to be talking more clearly, not so, should I say, Clint Eastwood-like. I think it seems like his character is more upbeat and straight forward, not somber and kind of smoldering. I am liking him!

I don't consider 95% of the show garbage. Since I do summaries, I HAVE to watch the whole show every day. And yes, there ARE stories entirely too dragged out, boring, filler. But I guess it all depends on what interests us. I could have stopped watching years ago when MY fav, Patch, was gone. My 2nd fav was Jack. I am still here.
I understand those who FF thru big portions of the show. But Days is not just one or two characters. It is an ensemble. And while the vets have been treated abominably, I am still here.
Guarantee you, I make my opinions known to the suits.

I don't consider 95% of the show garbage. Since I do summaries, I HAVE to watch the whole show every day. And yes, there ARE stories entirely too dragged out, boring, filler. But I guess it all depends on what interests us. I could have stopped watching years ago when MY fav, Patch, was gone. My 2nd fav was Jack. I am still here.
I understand those who FF thru big portions of the show. But Days is not just one or two characters. It is an ensemble. And while the vets have been treated abominably, I am still here.
Guarantee you, I make my opinions known to the suits.
I let them know too, but sometimes I feel like they do not listen. I remember when I used to watch 95% of the show and maybe FF thru 5%, even John and Marlena are boring. I wish we had a show back when all the characters were fun to watch. I am a big John and Marlena fan but I did enjoy the show back in the days when we had many great storylines going. Right now, I can't think of one that even remotely interests me from what I am reading.

Heh. I'm sure you all know my opinion on John & Marlena. :love:

That being said, the writing regime change, as well as the change to the Executive Producer, SHOULD (crossing fingers) bring about some storylines for characters...rather than characters for storylines. John and Marlena both deserve to be more than fill-characters, and part of an ensemble cast that includes vets as well as a younger set that's worth watching. And something being "worth watching" almost always depends on the writing. I'm optimistic about it -- Days has needed this for a LONG time and I'm looking forward to what the show comes up with for the 50th.

We live in hope Lucy Fan.
It's either that, or continue bagging on the show & quite frankly, I think I had my fill of that when All My Children was in it's final phases...the writing & the suits guiding the writing really drove the show into the dirt & I don't want to go through it again. It's either be positive about it, or just turn it off & walk away. I don't have the time or energy to devote to all that nay-sayin.

Back