Hospital coffee runs

I once worked somewhere that had a "coffee club". They made each employee pay $5.00 each paycheck to buy coffee, filters, sugar, creamer and stirrers. I refused because I only drink tea, straight, with no cream/sugar. They tried to say I "had" to contribute. I said nope... don't drink it, won't pay for it. OH, and each lady in the office was assigned a week to make the coffee every day, throughout the day. When I saw my name on the schedule, I said "don't drink it, not making it".

You'd have thought I said I was an ax murderer or something.

You had me when you said "each lady in the office", JS. That is a pet peeve of mine, thinking ladies should make the coffee, ladies should be the secretary of an association, etc. I was very outspoken about those issues when I worked with mostly men! Yep, I was the ax murder, too, lol.

@kt......Our local chamber of commerce has had a male secretary for years! Presidents have come and gone, both male and female, but that guy does a great job.

When I worked for a couple different large insurance companies, large office building downtown Chicago, we had to go to the cafeteria on first floor for coffee breaks. But the agents who had private secretaries (thus occupied two offices) had coffee makers there, and actually, china cups. Ha. I know the agents never made the coffee, or washed the cups. LOL

Too bad the genius writers couldn't combine their lame plot devices of the SouthSide club and the Coffee Runs into just having them open a location in the hospital, which would have served their plots and made some real-world sense.

I'm starting to think the Days writers live in a cave somewhere....

Only STARTING to think that?!:wink: Come on Jason, admit you have known it for a long time, as have many of us!

Back in the day--I could never figure why you could smoke on the job, but not drink coffee. As for today, if Starbucks was the only coffee in the world. I would drink water! When did this horrid better stuff become so popular?

PS: What happened to the coffee pots at the hospital? They used to be helping themselves all the time.

Back