Good grief Eric, shut up!!!!!

The church couldn't have helped him if they didn't suspect he had PTSD. It could have been repressed. Maybe Eric didn't even suspect it. Look at the JetBlue Captain who had a breakdown in flight a couple years ago. He too had passed through stringent medical and psychological testing and still had an undetected issue.

Seeing how tptb handled Jack's PTSD, I don't want them to try and tackle that again. We got to see Eric opening up to Nicole, confiding and admitting how she had helped him get through it so I think that has been dealt with.

Was just going to note that Eric's PTSD appeared AFTER he became a priest, and AFTER he got assigned to St. Luke's. And yes, Nicole helped him thru his bad dreams. But it might have been just temporary. In fact, Eric has been so angry at Nicole, wants nothing to do with her, and yet......he is not returning to being a priest again, is he?

True. It just doesn't make sense either. He says he's not returning to the priesthood because of his hate and unforgiving attitude towards Nicole. But wouldn't the church offer to have him go on a retreat or some counseling to help him sort that out so he could become a priest again if he really wanted to.

I think they would given what he has gone through. They recognize that he wasn't guilty but was a victim and his life was torn apart and he made bad decisions due to it. It seems to me that they would have required counseling of some sort as a path back to the priesthood and not just immediately reinstating him.

I agree--Jennifer is too old for him, and they have no romantic chemistry. Also, it would be nice to see a straight man and straight woman who are unrelated just be friends without any kind of romance or romps.

Also, Sparkster, I didn't see Eric interacting with Daniel on Friday.

In even soap time, Jennifer wouldn't be a lot older than Eric. She was born in the 1970' and he and Sami in 1983.

Still comes across as too much of a cougar-type relationship. Not to mention, as she said before, she is still in love with Daniel.

Back