Days of Our Lives - Tuesday, Sept. 10, 2024

I wouldn't be sad if Connie died. That's how sick I am of this.
I want her to die and I don't care if her crimes are ever revealed. Li can return and we can ignore everything. Ever-obby who?
to ensure that Salem doesn’t then have a zombie invasion?
You mean a 3rd one? LOL

To my knowledge, there's no law prohibiting the scattering of ashes. They're not a biohazard, nor are they toxic to humans or the environment. Some places don't allow it on private property, though. For example, any of the Disney properties. I've heard that people try to secretly scatter ashes in the parks, especially on the Haunted Mansion ride. But security watches guests like a hawk on cameras and if anyone is observed sprinkling ashes, the ride will be shut down and the cremains immediately vacuumed up. Plus, they regularly clean the parks every night/morning, so if you do sprinkle ashes at any of the parks, more than likely they'll be swept away (unless you're sprinkling a tiny vial of ashes in some discreet spot or garden type area/planter). Some places may not allow it due to making a mess in the process. But overall, it's not a big deal if you're discreet and neat about it.

When my uncle died and we scattered his ashes, his friend (a doctor) was there. He told me to reach into the container and take a handful to scatter, that they are perfectly safe to handle with bare hands. We sprinkled some by his favorite tree. By morning, between dew and wind, there was nothing left in that spot.

I was told you can't put ashes in water. I don't if there is a written law for that or it's certain states.

I've never heard of that. Just googled it and I can't find any laws prohibiting ashes from being put into a body of water. I can see not putting them into a fountain or artificial pond of some sort, as they could clog filters, though. If you're going to put the ashes into water while still in the urn, the urn/container should be biodegradable.

This is what I found online for Wisconsin laws regarding scattering ashes:

The EPA also prohibits sprinkling ashes at beaches or in wading pools by the sea. The Wisconsin DNR forbids spreading ashes in inland lakes and rivers. However, the DNR's website does indicate that when a family scatters a small amount of ashes of a loved one, the agency will typically look the other way. Oct 15, 2016

Thanks for the information. I know my grandparents were combined and from an airplane spread over the Sierra Nevada mountains where they loved to camp, but from the height of the air they went far afield so to speak. I put my dad around spots in California, but I never considered going to a public park and just dumping him. A dump, yes, but we didn't.

robin, was it you who had some of his ashes swirled into a glass paperweight as a keepsake? I thought you had posted a picture of the finished paperweight, which was beautiful.

I know very well the laws/rules in Wisconsin, I live here, and looked into it all when my husband died. He did not want to be scattered on our lake, . But there is a small island right across from our home, so my son had a stone carving made with his name, and is set on that island, right in the lake he loved. His ashes are set in the columbarium next to the church here in town.

robin, was it you who had some of his ashes swirled into a glass paperweight as a keepsake? I thought you had posted a picture of the finished paperweight, which was beautiful.
Yes, I did have some of dad's ashes swirled in a round paperweight for my stepmother. Se loves it. Where I blow my Christmas ornaments they do pet paw glass ornaments. I have Mr. Gus here and I've considered having him in a more acceptable presentation item than a baggie of ashes.

Back