Days of Our Lives - Tuesday July 30, 2024

It's just frustrating because they could write more fun stories and Abe would be great as a chill laidback elder statesman. Not everything has to have some heavy undercurrent. Leo is about the only one who adds any humor. No friends really hang out. No one really dates or grows a relationship. They could have done something interesting with Alex. I would have liked if after his initial meeting with Stephanie that he decided he really did want to woo her. It could have been clumsy and funny along the way. Instead we get him just sleeping through everyone faster than even Brady.

I'm mystified by the Body & Soul stuff. Can't we see that bargain-basement theater afterlife again?

I mean - at least make the show in-universe make sense - focus on a character or two moving to a new city and add some blood to Salem with those actors (Jade and Henry could return). Recycling actors was cute for a while (especially Marlena/Hattie since it originated as a twin role), but has been MORE than done to death. It's dead, its ashes are burned, and the burnt ashes fell into a black hole.

This might also make sense if they were giving the actors a chance to play other characters (as playing the same character for 20+ years can be taxing), but they should do that only on Fridays or as a standalone series (à la Beyond Salem) rather than intertwining it in the regular show.

Probably because what they enjoy the most is exactly what they are doing. Tis boring to just sit and do nothing, watch TV, perhaps visit a mall and browse. Sure, there are some who have the funds to travel, see new things, and enjoy that. But for many, what they have done for years is what they enjoy, what makes them happy. Seeing friends, neighbors, customers, chatting with strangers. Smiling, offering help, even if to just hold open a door.

Back