Days of Our Lives - Tuesday, Aug. 13, 2024

Several scenes of Xander in his formal kilt attire today. Were the writers trying to make up for yesterday’s dreck?

Maggie actually said that she found Fiona delightful. Poor Mags can be a really poor judge of character.

So Holly keeps condoms in her purse. If Sami hears that Nicole’s daughter does this, she’ll really run with it.

Who told Fiona that she can drive a car, especially in the U.S. where she has to keep to the right?

Ah, I was going to say the writing was horrible. Chad telling Jack he took newAbigail to his family estate was just plain weird. Who talks like that? Jack knows what Stefano's house means.

Do we know what this woman who might be Abby has been up to? I get that she was in the hospital and told whatever but here she is with perfect hair and a nice outfit. Has she just been chilling in some apartment? No job? She never asked anyone anything? She's definitely a woman who's well beyond needing surgeries and rehab.

Thanks for the summary!

The DNA test showed him to be the father (Lucas with baby Emily)
That will never stop irritating me especially since given the actual relationship (a maternal half-sibling) between bio dad and scamdad they would share remarkably little DNA and no common chromosome. At least with his next scam paternity, Re-Ron just made the test show that the individuals (Tripp and Henry) were "related". And he thought he was being clever.

Poor Mags can be a really poor judge of character.
How could she not be? With tastes that led her to Noah, then an amnesiac, then a sleazy doctor, and finally a crime lord, she doesn't have a great track record. She's also the sponsor for two of the biggest trainwrecks in the show's history - Brady and Jeannie T.
If Sami hears that Nicole’s daughter does this, she’ll really run with it.
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Don't you wonder sometimes if the writers ACTUALLY WATCH the show? I always get the impression they get one or two scripts per week, not in a row, and just go with what they read in the script, not checking on what went on yesterday, or last week. Whoever directs should be up on everything, and the exec producer even more so...........yet we get these "huh'? " dialogues, scenes, references, etc.

Then you have a show like This Is Us that dealt with stories from the past, present and future. They carefully planned out six years worth of storylines, and kept track of what was going on in the past, present and future storylines and how they all connected and so forth. Granted, they only did one episode a week for a 20(ish) week season each year. But still, they kept track of everything so that it all made sense.

Why can't soap writers do this? And if they don't know about a character's past storylines, Google is their friend, for Pete's sake.

Off the top of my head, take Paul Narita. There is literally no way Paul should exist since he'd have been conceived during a time that John was regularly on-screen. During that time, John wasn't away from Salem (or Marlena) long enough to have had a relationship with Tori that produced Paul. But as Drake Hogestyn (John) said in an interview, we just had to go with it.

I personally think Paul was supposed to be the baby that Jordan and Ben's mother was pregnant with when she died in the car accident, and that maybe Mrs. Weston actually lived. There were a couple of vague hints dropped that kind of insinuated their mother was Asian. Then it all got dropped, and Paul was shoehorned into John's family tree.

I don't understand why they have to shoehorn anyone into a family tree? Why can't new people just be unrelated to anyone? We have people doing reruns of relationships because there's no fresh blood. It seems like if they bring someone in for the long term they are initially unknown and then 6 months in they become someone's long lost kid just to muck up some other story. We're close to Jada being announced as Stefano's daughter. Or Jada and Leo are siblings.

Jada is the daughter of Marcus Hunter, who was Steve's best friend from when they were little boys in the orphanage together, they considered themselves to be brothers. Jada and Talia were born off-screen after the character left Salem in 1992. We don't know anything about Jada and Talia's mother, though.

Here's Marcus as Steve's best man at his first wedding to Kayla:

From left to right: Frankie Brady, Shane Donovan, John (who was thought to be Roman at the time), Marcus Hunter, Steve, Kayla, Kimberly, Adrienne, Diana Colville (Leo's mother) and Carrie Brady.

days-patch-kayla-wedding-1988.jpg

Definitely AGREE. Honestly, do no understand why anyone who arrives, has to become "family" to one of the ones currently. Hortons, Bradys, Kiriakis, or Johnson. Was always surprised they let the Johnsons expand. LOL.

Maybe they are adding the Greene family, unless they will all suddenly move away or become invisible like the Hernandez family.

Why can't the characters on Days have neighbors and friends, like we all do, who have different names, families, backgrounds, but who hang around together at times, share memories, meet for lunch, shopping, run into each other in various places, offer support when needed.

How could she not be? With tastes that led her to Noah, then an amnesiac, then a sleazy doctor, and finally a crime lord, she doesn't have a great track record. She's also the sponsor for two of the biggest trainwrecks in the show's history - Brady and Jeannie T.
Hey - that was my first ever quote!!! Anyway, you left off the latest of her bad decisions - KonMan!

So, some woman was actually married to that creep who was fired? I find that pretty shocking. Is she a regular writer on the show?

Many of the actors, producers and entertainment bigwigs who've been fired, banned, "cancelled", etc. for disgusting behavior towards women (and children) in the industry are married. In many cases, the wives stand by their side. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the summary.

The episode was definitely an improvement over other recent ones. I just wish they didn't have to go down the route of yet ANOTHER hospitalization and ANOTHER addiction storyline!

I do think it was refreshing that it's Tate who wants to put the breaks on sex. These teens are already going through enough, they don't need to worry about that now. And frankly, neither does the audience, who gets too much airtime of those two.

Jack, Chad, Abby, whatever, not the worst storyline but it's so ridiculous.

Back