Days of Our Lives - Thursday, September 5, 2024

Instead of squawking at Justin because he’s representing poor Brady, Xander ought to be glad that the bumbling barrister hasn’t been more aggressive in his defense. As things stand now, there’s no case against Tate’s dad. The only thing the prosecution has is an unsupported confession, which won’t get a conviction. The self-righteous X-Man should also recall that anywhere but Salem, he’d be in prison for shooting Marlena, something nobody mentions anymore.

Pity poor Tate. True love seems to be fading as his girlfriend turns out to be another self-righteous Salemite who’s ready to drop the hammer on Brady. It’s truly remarkable that nobody has yet told her about the way Love Doctor Jonas died. And if that truth emerges, how long will it be until she learns from some tactless person (Leo?) that her sainted father was a major league horndog who enjoyed mother-daughter combos?

The one bright spot today was Sarah’s flash of memory about the accident. This being Days, the full truth will eventually emerge and all those who are trashing Brady will have to eat a big dish of crow. (A groveling Holly begging the Tot for forgiveness would be worth the price of admission.)

Thanks, brisbydog.

As I mentioned before, John and Steve need to go to the Small Bar. I'm sure the waiter will remember Brady
and Fiona.

Will Fiona drink at the K-mansion? She touched something before she took water.

Nice to hear the names Tink and Paul today since John talked to them on the phone. John mentioned his dad too.

It's too bad the writers didn't have Nicole come to visit and stay at the Salem Inn. No one would see her, but Marlena
and John could visit Jude.

Who's running Titan since Xander hasn't been there since he got married?

How much will Sarah remember? Will she notice the driver was a woman not a man?

Eric spoke too soon. He wanted to tell Holly about the accident with Daniel, but Tate said something first.
What will Holly do when she finds out Brady has her dad's heart?

It’s true katmouse, since wedding Sarah, Xander has turned into a typical Salem no-show CEO. This wasn’t the case when Charlie Dale was on the job. Then, the X-Man was putting such predecessors as Brady, Philly K, and Big Boy Sonny to shame by dutifully appearing at his desk each day. Clearly, Charlie’s identical cousin, Harley, needs to sign on at Titan to keep Xander focused so he’ll be a boss Victoria can be proud of.

Last edited:
[Xander] points out that everybody deserves a defense. Xander doesn’t think so. He says that getting behind the wheel drunk is not a lapse in judgment, it is a crime.
I would point out that this makes no sense, but it actually does because this is what Victor would say. Different rules for me & mine than thee & thine.
Holly apologizes again. She recaps the tale of the key. Sarah tells her that the search for the key did not put her in the chair, and there is only one person to blame for that.
I like Holly reflecting on unintended consequences, and Sarah not blaming her. These are all the right beats.
Sarah says she can feel guilty about lying, but not about what happened to her. The only person is to blame is the driver who hit her. Holly guesses she is right.
♥♥♥ this! Did we get a different writer today?
Xander is lucky he doesn’t need a lawyer now after he nearly choked Brady to death. Xander says if he gets another chance he will break Brady's neck.
Seriously - think of how Victor would react, or go watch some of the DiMera-Kiriakis war when Maggie was shot for Victor in "revenge mode". Xander is there now.
Marlena is aghast that Holly still doesn’t know.
As are we all.

She is meant to feel sorry for him because he forgot driving drunk could kill people?
She's a teen who's actually 8-9 years old, so I'll give her a pass, but legally, depending on the level of intoxication, don't some States cap the charges based on incapacitation? I remember an old Law & Order about this topic.
But that was a terrible accident too, and she forgave Eric, right? Holly says "Huh?" OOOPS!
Nice. I did not see that coming!

Back