Days of our Lives - Monday, September 2, 2024

Except she did not speak at all even close to how Dr. Evans would have been talking.............Weird.......
Leo should have known immediately that it was Hattie pretending to be Dr. Evans.

But Leo also should have just told her that he doesn't have the authority to hire or fire talent. Some writers do have that authority, but the show hasn't given any indication that Leo can hire or fire actors. So far that's exclusively been done by Abe and Kate.

Thanks, ShaunP for helping out this week.

It's a new day in Salem. Roman says it's Labor Day and he gave his staff the day off (does he pay them?) But
at Body and Soul they're doing auditions on the holiday.

Poor Roman. The Brady Pub is going to be a part of Body and Soul. Kate said he can sell hats and stuff.

I wish they would sell things like that for Days. I would like a Basic Black t-shirt.

Is Leo supposed to a composite of Re-Ron? I thought at times he was and now Leo is a soap writer.

I hope Bonnie's prediction comes true and the soap is cancelled after one episode.

I never saw Friends so I didn't realize about the storyline with the brain transplant. Will the Body and Soul
audience like it better than the Days fans? And who are the Body and Soul audience? They may not care
the show is back on after months of being off.

At the end of the show, we left off with Chanel finding out Alex is going to be Arrow. I can't wait to write
tomorrow's summary of what happens next. Ooops, my pants are on fire for lying. :)

Dear Lord, to quote Roman Brady: "What da' hell????" What in the world did I just read regarding that Body and Soul nonsense? Re-Ron's fake Body and Soul storylines are even worse than the ones they made up on Friends for when Joey played Dr. Drake Ramoray, like how he got a brain transplant from the woman who was the big star on the show (played by Susan Sarandon).
When I heard Alex as Arrow talking about the brain transplant, I couldn't help thinking about a journalist who wrote that a professional athlete had his brain taken out of his skull and put back in. He was writing about brain surgery, but he either didn't understand that brain surgeons don't remove the brain of a living patient or he accidentally misphrased what he was trying to say.

Now, let's see. Body & Soul is going to be filmed completely at the very small Brady Pub..........they really figure they have room for the cameras, cables, actors, make-up, hair sections, those workers, camera crew. Oops, almost forgot how expandable the places are in Salem. Let's not forget all the transportation vehicles, parking, lodging for crew.............And who is financing it all?

And when this huge undertaking is all done, edited, etc. just where is the enormous number of viewers needed to make the money back and a profit?

I enjoyed the Alex/Stephanie scenes, but those scenes would be better if it didn't involve B & S.

What in the world did I just read regarding that Body and Soul nonsense?
It seems like Ron Carlivati (head writer) is roasting himself - the microchip thing was heavy-handed. On the other hand, if he's been an unwilling writer (I don't buy it but he could be making an affirmative case for this), his spoofing of the genre might be what he hopes lands him his next job.

Thanks for the summary.

I’m sad because Chanel & Johnny along with Alex & Stephanie have potential to be in wonderful storylines with their good chemistry. And yet they, like the vets, are saddled with this nonsense. And of course, us viewers are paying the price. Truly awful. I can’t believe the Brady Pub is closing for two days per week for this nonsense! Unrealistic given the economy that a mom & pop shop, even a long-living and successful one, would do this! And potentially a functioning segment of the town’s hospital? So dumb!

Back