Days of Our Lives - Mon., Aug. 26, 2024

JasonDíSpeech

Reaction score
Season 60, Episode 1 (Per Peacock)

Smith Island Establishing Shot - At the Horton cabin, Holly demands to know from underwear-clad Tate what was happening with him and Sophia. He claims it was weird and random. This cheap drama ends mercifully quickly. Holly trusts Tate. They talk about the hit-and-run on her Aunt Sarah. Tate dons pants before they eat Sweet Bits as they discuss the lacrosse tagging issue. She doesn't think Mark is suspicious of their scheme. They talk about Mark's challenge of raising Felicity and Aaron after "their parents" died. Later, they're sitting on the couch and they talk about swimming.

Townhouse Establishing Shot - Jada is there to see Brady. She needs to see his car. He may have hit Sarah. With his partial plate and car color, he is a prime suspect. Flashback to him finding his car is missing. He claims his car was stolen. She asks if it was before, on, or after the 14th? He claims it was stolen the morning of the 14th and that’s why he was late to a Basic Black meeting because of it. He didn't report it, but he definitely will report it in a little bit.

DiMansion, Murder Bedroom - Chad's looking at the picture of him with Marci Miller as Abby. Kristen comes in, she's been brought up to speed on the "Abby" situation. He corrects some misunderstandings Kristen had, they sit on the bed. Chad says Abby had to go somewhere to think because she had a memory. Kristen says the memory may be false. She thinks it's a scam because the murder info is practically public knowledge.

Private Area - "Abby" is looking at her phone and nervously awaiting someone. Her someone, Dr. Mark Greene, arrives and they hug. "Abby" recaps her fake memory and how Chad is trying to give her space but there's too many eyes at the DiMansion. He did the heavy lifting by fixing the DNA test. Nobody will know she’s not really Abigail DiMera unless there's another DNA test. Let's talk next steps.

Salem Inn, Fiona's Room - Fiona tells Victoria she needs a break and is about to booze when Xander comes in to check on Victoria. He's still out for vengeance. He tells her about the partial plate and believes they're hot on the trail of the driver. It won't help Sarah though, who may never walk again. Xander is strong but teary as he talks about Sarah, and a bit taken aback when Fiona asks if paralysis would change his feelings or their relationship? He's worried that he won't be able to step up as he hasn't always been the most responsible person. She is here to help him because she abandoned him as a youth. He feels insecure because she wasn't there for him, she suspects, but she is now.

Townhouse Parking Garage - Jada is taking pictures. Marlena enters and Jada asks about Brady's missing car. It was the night John came back from Missouri, the 14th. There's a bit of back and forth as Jada discloses she's trying to determine the timeline for the theft. Jada leaves, Marlena thinks.

Evans-Black Townhouse - Kristen knocks on the door. Brady doesn't have time for her but she says it's about his car, which she has. She removed it because a grey car was seen at the accident the same night he was a wreck. She did it for Rachel. The car is gone. Gone. She tells him to stick to his story and stay calm. Act normal. Brady asks what is the protocol when you run down a member of your family? Kristen tells him to visit her, pay condolences. He laments paralyzing his step-aunt/aunt by marriage. Whatever Jeannie T did to push him off the wagon isn't worth wrecking his life or hurting their daughter. She is here to support him.

Horton Cabin - Swimsuit-clad Tate is being helped to the couch by Holly. He injured himself. She needs to take him to the hospital.

Private Area - "Abby" isn't ready to discuss next steps. Chad comes up. Don't worry, he heard nothing. (Or do worry because this will drag on.) She claims she was lost and this "nice man" gave her directions. Chad excuses the stranger. "Abby" feels her head has cleared. They talk about her "memory" and he asks what color robe she was wearing? "Abby" gets angered because the robe was covered in blood. Who gave him this idea? He admits that it was his sister who did the thinking for him. She keeps yelling until he apologizes. If she's not good enough for him, she'll head back to Poplar Bluff now. He folds. They go back to the DiMansion.

Salem Inn, Fiona's Room - Xander is grateful Fiona is here. Fiona is grateful Sarah reconciled them. Xander has to go back to the hospital. After he leaves, Fiona takes a bottle of vodka from under the bed and looks pensive.

Hospital Establishing Shot - In a treatment room, Holly thinks they're safe but Dr. Greene is the doctor who will attend Tate's injury. (Apparently they have no urgent care there.) Tate wants Dr.Greene to lie about his being here. (How will he bill this visit?) It's a sprain that will heal. He'll get crutches and keep the treatment confidential.

Townhouse Parking Garage - Marlena leaves John a voicemail. Kristen comes into the garage after visiting Brady. She leaves.

Salem Inn, Fiona's Room - Fiona is staring at the bottle of booze - it's been untouched. She throws it in the trash. She's going to be the mother Xander needs her to be.

Square - Jada happens upon Xander as they are passing. She says they have a suspect.

Hospital - Tate and Holly are doing a cartoon exit before anyone sees them. Brady sees them. END.

I always thought that was a flub by the actor. They made it clear that the parents died in a car crash and Mark was raising them. Maybe Aaron was meant to refer to BBQ's that occurred before his mom died but he said it present tense and it was left in.

Really enjoyable start to the week.

Really good conversation between Fiona and Xander. I like it spelled out that Sarah's paralysis in no way changes Xander's feelings for her or his commitment to them as a couple. And today I felt an urgency to Fiona, that she needs to make up for lost time and there is a timeline on it. There are rumors she is ill, and this was the first hint I felt that this might be true.

I liked Kristen today. She is suddenly, and oddly, the voice of reason. I wish we had got an indication of who "Fabby" really is. I got a sibling vibe from her and Mark. They are definitely not romantically involved. Continuing with Kristen, I mean, she committed yet another crime but her heart was in the right place. And she knows Brady well enough to have sussed out the entire situation, from him falling off the wagon to driving drunk to his car being the one that hit Sarah.

I still find Tate and Holly incredibly boring, Sophia is the only thing that livens them up and she was sadly absent. Things picked up when he ran into Brady, but I'm sure he will lie to Brady again and Brady is so involved in his own issues to parent. Once he is (likely) in jail Tate might get some stability with Grandpa John.

Jada is an excellent investigator. Rafe would have already arrested an innocent suspect by now. Brady (and Kristen) would have gotten away with this if Marlena had not innocently disputed Brady's timeline.

Xander is going to erupt when he hears Brady's name. Will he fire him or beat him up first? He will be safer in jail while we wait for the inevitable truth about Fiona to come out?

And today I felt an urgency to Fiona, that she needs to make up for lost time and there is a timeline on it. There are rumors she is ill, and this was the first hint I felt that this might be true.
Same. I really hope the rumors aren't true because she is so good. And if she had another kid that could come to town, that character could be unconnected to most of the town. I just wish she'd flushed the booze.
I liked Kristen today.
Goodness, I did, too. She was saying things the audience says and acting to protect her daughter unselfishly. I don't think this works for the character long-term, but I would be pro-rehabbing her (as I've been saying since 2012).
Jada is an excellent investigator. Rafe would have already arrested an innocent suspect by now
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Yep, based solely on a grudge. (I like Rafe but that's how he's usually written.)

Same. I really hope the rumours aren't true because she is so good. And if she had another kid that could come to town, that character could be unconnected to most of the town. I just wish she'd flushed the booze.
If Fiona had flushed the booze......there then would be the empty bottle in the trash, which could lead others to think she drank it all..........

Season 60, Episode 1 (Per Peacock)
So much for November, I guess we go with the move to Peacock?? Or is it simpler to keep all shows starting at this time?
The car is gone. Gone.
Like Kristen but yet another felony she's committed that will go away, magically.
Tate is being helped to the couch by Holly. He injured himself
For a stud, this guy is clumsy.
(Or do worry because this will drag on.)
One more week to drag on because I can't stream where I am. It can all be finished week after next.

Thanks Jason.

Great job, Jason.

Tossing a bottle of vodka into a pail is still a temptation. Fiona needed to empty the vodka down the sink or toilet. I actually don't dislike this character, as she is not black and white. She seems to truly care for her family and has enormous guilt. I, also, do not want her to ill, because she would be a good addition long term. She has good chemistry with Xander.

I also agree about liking this version of Kristen. I guess she found the keys somehow and drove the car to a remote part of Salem/outskirts, removed the plates, and pushed the car into a river or brought it to what I think is called a "chop shop" where it was flattened out and no longer identifiable.

If Brady confesses now, that will be interesting to see how it will play out without a car for proof.

I think I initially read that fake Abby was going to turn out to be Mark's girlfriend, but now I am on board with those suggesting she is his sister.

So many questions remain as far as what is the connection to Clyde and why is this plan being hatched.

Continuity Dept. fell asleep again. When Tate and Holly were leaving the cabin, they were not wearing what they were wearing in the hospital.

Mark is shady in many ways. Hinting before that he knew something was amiss when Aaron was called Tate in that picture, and today he knows all. But since Brady has already seen Tate, at least Mark can't hold it over Tate's head.

Now Maggie will surely find out about Holly's summer adventures, and then she will be grounded, and Tate will be in grounded and more.

Will they let Aaron finish camp, or order him to come home? Will the camp find out? They never bothered to check the ID Aaron has, because if they did, they would see he is not the young man in the photo.

Rafe needs to come out of the coma. Maybe when Sami returns, she will use her "magic powers" to tempt him out of "Comaville."

Or is it simpler to keep all shows starting at this time?
I thought the same thing - although there were 250 episodes in Season 59, so they must have changed it a bit ago?
Mark's girlfriend, but now I am on board with those suggesting she is his sister.

So many questions remain as far as what is the connection to Clyde and why is this plan being hatched.
I'm hoping the DiMeras caused their parents' death, and they get their revenge through this scheme. End the DiMera Dynasty!!
don't know if Clyde is really involved in all this
He's the one who had the video that led Chad to this fake "Abby". So if he's not the mastermind, he's at least a cog in the machine.

I think Goldman might be a Greene, that could be the connection. She could be Mark's sister and "Fabby" is a friend they roped in to help with the grift as she is an unknown. I think Mark is gay (Leo's gaydar is never wrong) and that is why there is no romantic vibe.

I love Fiona. She is so layered in such a short time. This is going to break Xander's heart when he finds out she paralyzed Sarah. I did like her tossing the bottle, that is a good indicator she is trying to do the right thing going forward.

Another snub today for fan favorite Doll-in-Blanket as the writers had Xander gush over an empty bassinet. Did ReRon have something against the famous doll?

If Fake Abigail knew what Kritter Kristen is capable of, she’d be freaking out over the Kritter’s skepticism about her story. In fact, she might start sleeping with one eye open.

When pesky Jada was bothering Brady about him not him reporting the “theft” of his car, it would have been a good scene if he’d have said: “Because I knew your cops would never find it.” Also, given how infrequently Salemites drive, it would be believable if he’d said he last used the car on Christmas.

Holly and the Tot surely think all is lost because Brady saw them at the hospital, but all might not be lost. Poor Brady is now so flustered over what he thinks is his running down Sarah that he’s either forgotten that the Tot is supposed to be at camp or he no longer cares about his son’s relationship with Holly.

So Dr. Greene is a DNA test artiste? He could have made good money if he’d been in town when Stefano was still alive.

Finally, what are the Las Vegas odds that Fiona pulls that vodka bottle out of the waste basket and polishes it off?

Last edited:
Thanks, Jason.

An interesting day with so many questions answered.

Since we knew Dr. Greene was at the hospital when the DNA test was done, not surprised he fixed the test on the woman.

Tate and Holly kept saying their relatives were busy at the hospital so not surprised Dr. Greene walked in. And he can't judge them
because of the lies he's hiding.

Chad is so stupid to believe the woman is Abby by only having half of her DNA tested.

I hope Kristen does testing on the woman.

A big surprise that Kristen took Brady's car.

Will Aaron get a scholarship for Lacrosse, but in Tate's name?

Will Jada figure out who hit Sarah?

Will Fiona admit she did it before Xander rips off Brady's head?

Will Fiona actually stop drinking?

Will we ever see baby Victoria again before she goes to school?

Will we ever see baby Victoria again before she goes to school?
We don't need to see her until Sarah and Xander are divorcing (note I am not pushing this position, this is how soaps work) and she needs to toddle onto screen and ask one parent about seeing the other, allowing the adult to have anguished reactions.

Back