Days may be preempted in your area today, Thurs., 7/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also suspect the preemption is national. I switched to COZI right before DAYS was supposed to air, and it had a little blurb stating Days of Our Lives was up next, but then aired The Avengers. When a preemption is local usually COZI airs DAYS.

And the 295 victims are in my thoughts today...

This was on Facebook:
Jason47's Days Website
5 mins ·
NATIONAL PREEMPTION SEEMS TO BE ALL BUT OFFICIAL...
The NBC scheduling site is now listing episode # 12381 for today and episode # 12381 for tomorrow. Just waiting for official word to post about the national preemption. just had a post on Facebook saying today and tomorrow would be preempted.

I am also annoyed at how they just repeat themselves...and why is tomorrow's episode off air?

They should just report when they get more news instead of speculation or saying the same thing all the time. But they need tbe ratings/money.

Breaking news now: a video of the explosion/fireball from the crash. Apparently someone had reason to be filming...maybe it was intentional.

"DAYS OF OUR LIVES" IS NATIONALLY PREEMPTED ON THURSDAY, JULY 17...EPISODES FROM JULY THROUGH NOVEMBER TO ALL BE PUSHED BACK ONE DAY

Due to continuing NBC News coverage of the Malaysian Airlines plane crash, "Days of Our Lives" is preempted nationally on Thursday, July 17. Episode # 12381, set to air today, will now air tomorrow, and the rest of the episodes from July through November will all be pushed back one day. This means that Eileen Davidson's return to "Days" will now be on Monday, July 28 (and all of the Friday "cliffhangers" for the next four-and-a-half months will now air on Mondays). The writers may have time to adjust December episodes so that the Christmas Eve and Christmas Day episodes will air on the correct day and "Days" should be back on schedule at some point in December.

Wait...I live in Salt Lake City where Days airs at 1:00 in the morning my time...does that mean SLC viewers are going to see the episodes first for once?

PS: Too bad about that plane crash. The thing about the terrorists/Russian seperatists reminds me of 24.

I'm wondering what CBS and ABC are going to do. They'll probably preempt their shows as well.

CBS went back to regular programming with The Talk around 2:30 eastern time and now they're running Dr. Phil (on my local CBS affiliate, but my NBC affiliate is jabbering away about the same things that were reported at 11:30 am).

Prayers to the families and loved ones who perished. I hope they are able to figure out exactly what happened and if it was shot down, those responsible are brought to justice.

I completely understand why they break in for this type of news but in some ways I can also understand why some viewers would be a little miffed that it interrupts programming. Like others have said, the talking heads end up talking in circles and showing the same video over and over again and can often only offer suppositions as to what happened this early in the process. I'm not trying to make light of the tragedy as it was indeed horrific, but to be honest, as soon as I saw that Days was likely not going to be on, I started watching DVR'd episodes of Grey's Anatomy that I've been meaning to catch up on instead of watching coverage of the tragedy.

NBC CONFIRMS NATIONAL PREEMPTION...

As posted earlier, NBC had not yet posted an official release about today's national preemption, but it has finally done so...

10474037_433723156769964_8279808790362199568_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back