Daniel: "I love Nicole..."

SarahBeth

Reaction score
Well holy crap, where's the Tylenol? Daniel just flat out told Eric "I love Nicole". He proclaimed it and it rolled off his tongue like he'd said a thousand times before. Good grief, he needs to pull his head out of his butt, listen to himself and act like he loves her.

If he did, then he could get to the good part of understanding that Nicole loves him and isn't hung up on Eric, the postman or even Santa Claus and they could actually have a relationship. I swear I wanted to smack him up the backside of his head and yell "HEY STUPID!!"

Daniel loves Nicole as long as she acts, talks, walks, chews, and blinks in ways that are acceptable to him. It was just a few weeks ago that he was throwing a tantrum and accusing Nicole of still being in love with Eric JUST because she's concerned about him. He broke things off with her because of it and repeatedly brushed off her attempts to convince him that she wanted to be with him. Now Daniel sits crying over his coffee (confessing his love to the very man he thought was the object of Nicole's affection) because he feels like he's not the center of Nicole's world. Nicole has other options (even if she is just stringing Xander along) and other men are attracted to her. Daniel wants who he can't have and when he does have her he treats her like utter trash.

Daniel Jonas is an ego maniac and he won't be happy until Nicole is back to fawning over him so that he can get that daily boost to his delicate manhood that he's so used to.

Daniel had just what he wanted when he had Chloe, the dumb, beautiful trophy wife who dropped everything when he called. He just didn't know that she was so dumb she was easily manipulated into believing that he was having an affair. And a lot of it was his own actions that led to the suspicion. Why he was surprised that she cheated, I just don't get since their relationship began as an affair where she was the one cheating on her significant other.

If he did, then he could get to the good part of understanding that Nicole loves him and isn't hung up on Eric, the postman or even Santa Claus ...
The past group of writers treated Nicole so poorly that it wouldn't have been too surprising if they did have Nicole get involved with the mailman or the Town Square Santa Claus (where are you now, Percy?). That said, is Dr. McScruffy any better for Nicole than sourpuss Eric? In addition to being egotistical and judgmental, the Love Doctor has the biggest libido in Salem, and every time he came home late, poor Nicole might be worrying that some hot babe in a hospital gown had caught his eye. In addition, there would be the in-law situation. Would Nicole really be up for Thanksgiving and/or Christmas dinner at the K-mansion, enduring Maggie's constant babble about her adorable, brilliant, handsome egg-baby, or listening to Li'l Toddler Mel every time she visits Salem to see dear old Dad? As many posters have said before, Nicole deserves a guy who's worthy of her.

Daniel and Nicole should've been paired a year ago when he and Jennifer split and when Eric learned of Nicole's deception. There was that attraction between them in late 2013-early 2014. They might as well have gone with that then. This back-and-forth nonsense has gotten really old.

I think Daniel, whenever he is in a relationship, he loves the woman he is with, if only up to a certain point. Whenever the next woman comes along, he falls instantly. Case in point, his track record speaks for itself. There's Chelsea, Kate, Chloe, Jennifer, Nicole, and not to mention Carly, who he had a one night stand with.

edited to add punctuation and for clarity - do not write your posts as one long, run-on sentence - JS

He never really loved Kate or Carly. As you pointed out, those were just romps in the sack. He also was just using Nicole as a rebound the last time they were together, though his ego was bruised when he was upset at Nicole having a crush on Rafe.

deleted post that had no punctuation and was hard to understand - after repeated warnings - JS

Ari Zucker (Nicole) seems to have chemistry with just about anyone, just as it seemed that Drake Hogestyn (John) did when he was paired with different characters (Marlena, Diana, Isabella, Kate). Being that the headwriters usually have storyline written from 6 mos. to a year in advance, sometimes it doesn't work out, storywise, for a certain pairing.
That said, currently, Days is sooo far ahead, with filming, scripts, etc. that viewers just cannot look forward to a storyline changing any more. (As when they were only 2-3 months ahead in filming. )

Back