Abe and Maxine

Would you like to see Abe & Maxine develop a strong, loving relationship?

• don't care

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • depends (please state reason)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I should have read the comments before I voted; good points...voted yes, now thinking how they ruin people; don't know. lol. I think she would be a good mom to Theo. Abe needs someone why not Maxine.

Just my opinion, but no, not Kayla. Abe and Steve were friends, it would be as weird (or not) than Kayla and Shane :sick:

edited to write out words....JS

I voted no as well. With these writers, the relationship would be a disaster, just like all of the other failed relationships this regime has had.

As for a stable, loving couple others in Salem could look up to, the writers already have a few in place other than Victor and Maggie that they either ruined or are not using, because they don't care. Doug and Julie could be seen more often (not just at Christmas or Julie poking her nose in other people's business a few times a year), while John and Marlena could reunite to be a solid foundation for each other and their kids.

Should we get new writers, then I might be more willing to see a relationship between Abe and Maxine, but right now, no. Under these writers, they would both probably do their best to reunite Daniel and Jennifer, as Maxine is Daniel's biggest cheerleader, and Abe is Jennifer's friend.

Maxine and Abe are friends, and I really think that in many cases, friends make the best lovers, whether on a soap or in real life. So I would like to see Abe and Maxine for that reason.

This was my premise for asking the question DaysD.
I really think that friends do make good lovers.
I always thought your lover/partner should be your best friend and confidante.
Red, Yellow Black or White I think Abe & Maxine would be a good couple,
BUT like some of you pointed out...ta-da
The Great & Powerful Writers will crap all over their relationship if it is a good one..
they just do not like a permanent supercouple....
Nor do they care that we DO.

Days is now concentrating on the young and NEW faces, which they can't write for either. lol
These writers are hopeless....and what is a shame is......they have a good idea, it starts out well, and then just fizzles out. They drop it, or drag out a "answer" til no one cares any more. And are no longer interested in the character.
Do people REALLY go around talking of "product"? Does the Commander, or Chief of Police REALLY wander around the square? Do hospital board members REALLY meet every few days, and just hang around the nurses' stations? Do the nurses, therapists, doctors REALLY get all that time off for breaks, walks in the park, etc. And since WHEN does a psychiatrist, psychologist, or whatever (I am speaking of you, Marlena) have such a tiny, tiny office? Wonder if Bob Newhart's office set is available for her?

No, I don't think Maxine & Abe would make a good couple, they really are not even good friends so far. Maybe Maxine OR Abe can try that online dating that Kayla is going to try. You never know what might evolve. :)

Remember when they started down the path of Abe and Kayla? They hinted at it right when Kayla announced that she and Steve were getting divorced. Then the storyline just went nowhere. I don't think these writers know how to do adult relationships. I don't like Abe and Maxine together. It seemed a little forced almost like, "Well, here are two black people of the opposite sex so let's hook them up." Other than that, I don't see how they fit together. A few more black people might mix things up or just a few more real adults who aren't related.

I completely agree with you. Except I think we are tapped out with newbies now. I thought their "date" at Sonny and Will's wedding was very forced and I don't see the chemistry there. I think Abe and Kayla would be equally as forced but it would certainly provide a better storyline and probably more air time for Abe.

That said it would be nice to see Maxine outside the hospital setting occasionally and learn more about her background. I agree Jason, let's see another family member in town.

The thing is, Maxine is recurring. She is the voice of reason at the hospital, & they have put her outside that comfort zone a few times. Remember that disastrous dinner at Daniel's? And I think Maxine went to see the guys strip in Chicago. She once said she had a son studying to be a doctor....
We cannot get any story for Lucas, Adrienne, Justin, or even Tad......all recurring, and I honestly would rather see story for any of them. I love Maxine, but as I noted, Days is really more interested in bringing new young faces into Salem, than anything else.

Back