Abe and Maxine

Would you like to see Abe & Maxine develop a strong, loving relationship?

• don't care

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • depends (please state reason)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I voted yes as well. I agree that we need a stable couple. So far, Maggie & Victor are the only existing one, given these trials that they keep giving to Will & Sonny and even Hope & Aiden recently. But anyways. Maxine and Abe are friends, and I really think that in many cases, friends make the best lovers, whether on a soap or in real life. So I would like to see Abe and Maxine for that reason.

I'd also like to see them together because it would give both characters more airtime: Abe needs something to do, and Maxine needs to be on more and have a storyline other than propping the Love Doctor and Haggifer. Plus, we can see Theo's reaction and the like.

Maxine is on top of things, nothing gets past her and she has no problem letting anyone know they're full of it. She has no problem taking the bull by the horns and setting one straight. With her common sense, boldness, and tenacious ability to eliminate the bologna and Abe's connection to law enforcement and his ability to sniff out the truth, I think the pairing of Maxine and Abe would be our DOOL Castle and Beckett. What a refreshing love/law story line this could be
IF ONLY.....

Maxine & Abe are good friends, and already are stable people who have backbones. Maxine tells it straight out, no holds barred, while Abe is more tactful, but honest, nevertheless. Why ruin a good thing, because if they are really paired as a couple, that is exactly what would happen.
Their "dating" before was very awkward, in my opinion, and they are fine just the way they are now.

I'd like to see Abe and Maxine laughing together, having serious conversations, enjoying Theo and, yes, being sexy and intimate!! They aren't over the hill, and are as able as anyone to enjoy a satisfying physical relationship as well as everything mentioned above!

Maxine & Abe are good friends, and already are stable people who have backbones. Maxine tells it straight out, no holds barred, while Abe is more tactful, but honest, nevertheless. Why ruin a good thing, because if they are really paired as a couple, that is exactly what would happen.
Their "dating" before was very awkward, in my opinion, and they are fine just the way they are now.

I guess they are just fine the way they are now..........but how would we know??? We never get to see them on screen. Just sayin

Just my opinion, but the last we saw them on screen together, it seemed awkward, forced, uncomfortable. Maxine has stated since that she & Abe feel they make good friends period. And I agree.
We have seen both, yes, separately.
In my opinion, Days attempted a pairing some time ago, there was just NOTHING there, they disbanded the idea. I like both characters. a lot. I like their friendship.
And I just do not think every male and every female in Salem has to be paired up with someone. Heck, when these writers do so, usually it is a disaster. Or short lived, etc. etc.

I voted no, because I don't want either one of them to have a personality change or witness them go through what ever horrors get tossed their way. I have NO faith in these writers. If we could get new writers, I'd change my vote.

This is also why I voted no. Frankly I'd rather see Maxine's backstory fleshed out, maybe meet one of her kids (wouldn't it be a hoot if her son fell for Anne? Oh that would be good!) or a wayward sister or something. As for Abe, I'd rather see him develop a strong friendship with Kayla that could become more down the road (since the writers insist on erasing Steve from our collective memory).

Most importantly, if Abe and Maxine pair off, she'll have to give up her favourite hobbies: Promoting the eternal love of Dan/Jennifer and snarking about Anne.

Remember when they started down the path of Abe and Kayla? They hinted at it right when Kayla announced that she and Steve were getting divorced. Then the storyline just went nowhere. I don't think these writers know how to do adult relationships. I don't like Abe and Maxine together. It seemed a little forced almost like, "Well, here are two black people of the opposite sex so let's hook them up." Other than that, I don't see how they fit together. A few more black people might mix things up or just a few more real adults who aren't related.

Back