Days of Our Lives - Fri., May 3, 2024

JasonDíSpeech

Reaction score
Kmansion - John and Marlena drop by to see Maggie, who explains that the marriage is for Konstantin's visa only, but she's keeping up appearances for immigration's sake. She has a prenup but she feels like she owes him because Victor had John murder Catharina. They get creative with some shots, but not much advances in the plot. Maggie has a meeting, Marlena has to go, John accepts an invitation to drink with Konstantin. Konstantin talks to John about the prenup and how it means Maggie doesn't care about him. He has a plan.

DiMansion Holly's Bedroom - Holly texts Tate, whom she misses. His text indicates the same. She is not focused on her math despite being good at it less than a year ago.

Square - Sound effect Jude is inconsolable as Eric and Nicole try to comfort him. Nicole and Eric have an alleged moment when their hands touch. Sloan sees and fumes.

DiMansion Entry - Leo is drunk but has information for EJ. After a bunch of lines, he starts talking about "Hey Jude" and that EJ has three children. EJ puts it together. But, he doesn't believe him. Leo points out he tried to tell them before Christmas (no flashback when there should be one) but got beaten up. EJ doesn't believe him and gets physical. Leo tells him it's true, EJ believes him but won't pay and now the secret's out.

Petersen-Brady Apartment - Eric and Sloan argue about his job with Nicole. Eric wasn't sure Sloan was coming back. He apologizes and says he's trying to be a better husband. Sloan doesn't like that he doesn't believe her as she continues to lie. (Sloan has grown on me.) They go back to fighting about Leo's hotel room. He remembers walking in on Leo's conversation about blackmail. He asks if she was the one Leo was blackmailing? She admits it, but says it was about a sordid past that would make Eric leave her. The former priest forgives Sloan but plans to kill Leo. Sloan tries to defend Leo, Eric stomps out.

DiMansion Holly's Bedroom - Nicole comes in after knocking. Holly is trying to catch up on work. She has missed therapy and taken too much caffeine. Later, Marlena arrives and does some breathing with her. She also suggests a break and getting to bed early tonight. She'll send a note to Holly's teachers. (Can't wait to see the scene where EJ receives this bill from Marlena.) Holly goes up to bed, Nicole asks Marlena to stay.

DiMansion Living Room - Nicole can't stop blaming herself for Holly's problems. Marlena reassures her and tells her some of the experience is normal stress. Later, Marlena asks about how EJ feels about her working with Eric? Nicole hasn't told him. She talks about her moment with Eric at the top of the episode, and talks about how she would have left EJ if the baby had been Eric's (another time a flashback might have been nice).

Kmansion - Konstantin tells John to get to work, flashes the pagoda card. John reacts; Konstantin orders him to steal the prenup from Maggie's safe.

Salem Inn, Leo's Room - Leo is lamenting his mistake. He ignores Sloan's message as he is too drunk to read it and falls onto the bed. Eric pounds on the door and after Leo lets him in, he starts roughing him up. Leo is weak, Eric puts him in the bed. Leo is drunk, continues his lamentations. Eric is taken aback by Leo's sad tales and sorrow over the messes he's made. He has something to confess to Eric. Eric remembers he said something similar at the christening. Then Leo passes out.

Petersen-Brady Apartment - EJ pounds on the door as Sloan is tending to Jude. He demands his baby back.

Kmansion Study - John is working on the safe when a noise startles Konstantin. In the foyer, it's Maggie, who forgot a chip for a one-year sobriety sponsee. He won't let Maggie into the study. Maggie gets past him, gets the chip, leaves. John isn't there. John appears, gives Konstantin a file.

DiMansion Living Room - Nicole admits she still has feelings for Eric. Marlena leaves.

Petersen-Brady Apartment - EJ tells Sloan that Leo confessed that Jude is his and Nicole's baby. Sloan says Leo's only half-right.

Salem Inn, Leo's Room - Eric can't revive Leo to hear his confession.

Petersen-Brady Apartment - EJ wants to know what Sloan means, "half right". Sloan lowers the boom: Jude is Nicole's baby, but not yours. Cue shocked EJ. END

My prediction: it will go on and on because the truth about Jude being Eric's and not EJ's will have EJ keeping that info from Nicole, and possibly keeping Nicole in the dark about Jude being hers. EJ will be selfish and not want Nicole and Eric to be connected by this baby.

I love how Maggie adds the caveat that she would not be marrying Konstantin for any other reason but to help with his visa to absolutely everybody she tells. First, it is funny because it feels like she has to justify anybody marrying this moron, but secondly, because half the town now knows it is a fraud wedding. Having said that, no way would Marlena leave John alone with Konstantin after the events earlier this week, so they are clearly setting him up in my opinion, and thank goodness there is an end in sight. I just wish Maggie wasn't being depicted as so utterly stupid.

As for EJ, I have no doubts he will continue to let his wife think her baby died at birth, just to hang on to her. I think he and Sloan will likely now become co-conspirators. Such a shame as I really loved him and Nicole together, and Eric is such an awful drag on any woman he gets his talons into.

Great job, Jason!

Sadly, I think DDDrama could be correct. BUT, won't EJ want to know if Nicole was also in the dark about the paternity? He might think she pulled the wool over his eyes, despite their being in a good place now. Will Sloan do the right thing (yeah, right) and tell EJ that Nicole also believes the baby to be EJ's? As Leo pointed out, he was trying to tell EJ and Nicole what he knew before, but they told him to get lost. Since Leo was dumped by Dimitri, he doesn't care about that part of it, even though Dimitri innocently gave the baby to Sloan, not knowing what would happen next.

brisbydog makes a good point, too, but I am still not sure if John is faking being under the card's spell, since he did give the papers to Konstantin. UNLESS he actually got into the safe already, took out the real pre-nup, and replaced with a fake one. Agree about Maggie being portrayed as a fool.

Could have done without the Holly scenes.

We knew Nicole would admit, even if only to herself, that she will never stop feeling love for Eric.

I think Eric was going to try to kill Leo with an intense scowl. I actually enjoyed those scenes in Leo's room today.

Since it's even conceivable that this isn't the same day Konny signed the prenup, Maggie could have taken it back to the attorneys and it's already been filed. It could happen. This is Salem and it could be days later even.

We've had the breakfast place closed, then opening at 10, the Bistro not opening till 4pm, yet the sidebar doing a booming business. Wacky time zones, wacky!!!

Such a shame as I really loved him and Nicole together
Me too. And this is such a left turn - suddenly Nicole can't control her squishy feelings for Eric anymore so she has to tell his mommy about it? Just in time for EJ to find this out and get his britches in a stink, change his personality (again) and stop being the loving man we've seen him be to her for the last year.

Wacky time zones, wacky!!!
They should just fully embrace this and have two characters talking to each other but for one it's night (and the background behind them is dark, and their dialogue talks about supper and bed) and for the other it's day (and their background is sunny and they're talking about needing breakfast). Two-shots can introduce a third time and establishing shots, a fourth. Just lean in to it!!

Leo cracked me up today. Garden hose. Is that a euphemism? And the strangeness of kinders.

John is an idiot. He knows he acts weird around Konstantin but decides to stay alone with him? I am hoping it was all a ruse, the card didn't put him in trance and what he gave him wasn't the prenup. I am so sick of Konstantin, and Maggie being a fool.

I am so sick of Nicole & Eric. They are over. Not soul mates. Glad EJ rushed to Sloan, but color me shocked that she actually said Jude is Nicole's but not EJ's. I thought she'd say get him tested. Not your son. This won't sit well with EJ and and I bet he won't tell Nicole. Ugh.

Eric is an idiot. Not pressing why Leo was blackmailing Sloan. Just letting Sloan say it was humiliating. And yes Leo, she did deserve to be blackmailed.

I am glad so many of us agree that Eric and Nicole should be a thing of the past!! His attitude toward the person he loves can change on a dime. I hate knowing that Nicole will only be on until July, because it is hard to be super interested in this storyline since it will have an abrupt ending.

I would think that she and EJ will implode, and that Nicole and Eric will have a dramatic scene, like " I will always love you, BUT...." and off she goes and he stays behind with the scowl on his face. (unless it is a well kept secret that he has stopped filming too). As always, I cannot imagine Sloan redeeming herself and stay in Salem, but the villians are always walking around free as a bird.

Something bothered me watching today’s episode. The scenes at Kiriakis mansion, Marlena is stone cold and condescending toward Maggie. Not one smile or sign she is happy to see her. Aren’t they supposed to be longtime friends? With other friends like Kayla, Kate, Paulina, she would have smiled and acted excited to see them. Even in later scenes today with Nicole and Holly at the DiMera mansion, she smiled and looked genuinely happy to see them.

So do the writers specify in the script that Marlena does not smile and act coldly and condescending toward Maggie? Or is this a choice by the actress to act like this? If so, I’d like to know why? Maggie is so sweet and has always been a lovely friend to Marlena. But if it is someone’s first time watching Days they would think they are enemies after watching today’s episode.

Looking past the sound and fury of today’s episode, here seems to good news for the long-suffering viewers. No matter how she plays Eric, Sloan is toast. The Wrath of God in the form of very angry EJ will now eat her alive. (Dan Feuerriegel did a fine today job as the infuriated EJ.)

It’s also the beginning of the end for the insufferable Konstantin who stupidly shot himself in the foot by taking what seems to be the prenup. It exposes his motives without helping his cause since a small army of astute Kiriakis lawyers would easily brush aside any claims he might now make against Victor’s estate. Speaking of the slimy grifter, it would be a fine development is somebody reported that he was entering into a fraudulent marriage to stay in the country. Viewers would love the sight of the squawking sleaze being hauled off by INS agents.

Pity poor Leo. He was truly pathetic today — playing his best card and getting nothing for it but abuse from EJ. It looks like Leo might be on austerity for a while. Finally, fie on the cruel writers who took away his Dimitri. How much misfortune can Leo be expected to endure.

Thanks, Jason.

Today's show was good and we had a cliffhanger sort of on Friday.

It's been awhile since we've seen EJ blow his top.

Nicole must have come in another door to the DiMera mansion since EJ and Leo were out front.

Eric should have told Leo he felt sorry for him since he's so pathetic. That's how Leo was today and
probably most days. He hides it well. (I see DrBakerFan agrees with me. Posted just before me)

Konstantin was lucky John disappeared before Maggie entered the room. Does she finally realize how
awful Konstantin is?

So, EJ knows the truth about Jude. What will he do next? It's EJ, he only does things that benefit himself.

Poor Eric. Leo was going to tell him the truth and he fell asleep.

Leo was going to tell him the truth and he fell asleep.
I would've loved to see Leo, totally drunk off his feet, telling Eric that Jude is really Sami's baby, before passing out. :rotfl: (because we joke about Sami thinking all babies in Salem belong to her)

Eric could've followed in Roman's footsteps with his own "what da' hell??" moment.

I’m sure EJ won’t do the right thing, but I’m glad the story is at least moving toward Nicole getting her baby back. If he keeps this from her—after all she’s been through—I hope she moves the sarcophagus from the K-Mansion to the DiMansion and buries him alive.

Marlena is stone cold and condescending toward Maggie
They were weird scenes today, but we can only guess as to why. This is the flaming tail end of the scabs’ scripts, but the story as we know it is that Marlena and Maggie know that John killed Konstantin's daughter, and this wedding is not a happy occasion.
I hope she moves the sarcophagus from the K-Mansion to the DiMansion and buries him alive.
As much as I've liked the EJ/Nicole relationship this go-round, I agree, without her, he's toast. Un-zombify him already if he’s going to change back to his lying ways!
Finally, fie on the cruel writers who took away his Dimitri.
I'm kinda hoping they reverse this - maybe another convict was in love with him and forged the letter. Thus allowing the plot to move forward because of his grief, but without major personal repercussions??

Back