4/26/2024 - Donuts and Hug An Australian Day

robinsnest

Super Moderator
Reaction score
IT's also Arbor day but hugging a tree can be scratchy while hugging an Australian can be fun.....

It's sunny warm and humid with a strong chance for storms this afternoon and a better than ever chance for a terrible weather day tomorrow..... ah spring in the plains...... not something I wanted to have to deal with in my retirement...... winds at 18mph with gusts.... the house is creaking...

I hope everyone has a great Friday and enjoys searching out their favorite Aussie to hug....

Despite the rain forecast predicted for today, nope. Tho it is a bit cloudy, not dark one to be seen so far. LOL. Windy, tho, YEP.
Had a bad night of no sleep......Well, the thing is, dozed off around 7:30, woke at 9..........then dozed off again, til around 10:30. Guess those little short naps caused the problem. Finally went to bed around 11, but tossed & turned til around 5 a.m. Hey, then it was dozing til 6:30.....and......no matter what, nothing more. LOL In between the wake periods had a horrible nightmare, which woke me up. Was hard to try and put my mind elsewhere.
Really seems the sun is trying hard to appear. And now am off to the shower. Yep, not even dressed yet. Talk about a lazy Saturday morning. I started telling myself to go shower around 9:30. Yep, definitely lazy morning..........shame on me!

Stormy weather here today off and on. I walked before 6 since there was a break. I walked a mile.
My friend called and wondered where I was at our regular time. She was walking with her dogs.
It started lighting and she probably went straight home. I sent an email to let her know I went
early, but she didn't read it.

I wish I could have stayed home, but I had PT this morning. I bought gas at a station on the way
there. I planned to do errands after PT, but decided not to because of the weather. I took Fenix
out as soon as I got home. Washing clothes this afternoon and doing studies. Storms are
coming again.

robin, stay safe during the stormy weather.

Poirot, I hope you sleep better tonight.

Wishing everyone a good rest of the day and delightful weekend.

Prayers for people in Texas. The eastern side under tornado watch.

You know........I read something a couple weeks ago, and was reminded of it a bit ago in another forum here. That is....when you dine out at a restaurant......always leave the tip in cash. Even when you pay the bill with your credit card. Seems the wait staff will have a percentage taken off their tip when you leave it via your credit card.
Some restaurants here have notices.......and different prices if you pay your bill using credit card or if you use cash. (always have left tips in cash myself) . I guess the credit card companies have raised their rates now to the point, the places just have no choice.

I was a bartender in the early 2000s and a rep for Canada Revenue Agency spoke to us and advise that service industry workers were now going to be taxed on their tips. They said this could be reviewed by credit card transactions with a tip and room charge tips. They would not tell us how they were calculating and proving income made on tips so bartenders and servers will leave cash tips when put so it cannot be tracked.

HELP?? I turned on my tv and a narrow box comes up on the otherwise dark screen and says, "Mode Not Supported." The resolution is not supported on this tv. Please change the resolution.

Any ideas? I've had this new Hopper system for less than a month and already had to have a tech out a week or so ago, and now this! Needless to say, I am frustrated.

OC, I'm glad you figured out the problem.

manda, glad you could pop in again today.

Prayers for Nebraska and Iowa where tornadoes hit.

Back