Vets on the back burner

But Marlena hasn't had a storyline in over a year. She used to be like Sami and inserted into everything. But it wasn't as annoying because Deidre Hall(Marlena) can carry the show and back then, the cast was written as a true ensemble.

I would have loved to have seen the storyline with her and her twin sister Samantha. It was before my time.

Unfortunately NBC and/or the executives have decided that us oldsters just don't count and it's all about the hip, young demographic. (Pardon me while I gag.) Apparently the young crowd likes an idiot paired with her rapist, falsely fallen priests, and orange molestors who love shrews.

Well they are already behind. Today most of the young people have tatoos and multiple piercings. I've gone to professional seminars where a group of tattooed giant earringed young people come in texting through the whole thing. So if they want to draw that generation, they won't do it with JJ and Paige. :rotfl:

Yep, especially since people around my age watching in the summer tend to take very long breaks without even keeping up via spoilers/summaries.

However, it should be noted that most people my age are NOT fans of the rapemance or Dan-Jen. I've spoken with a lot of fans of the show in my age group-most loved Sami-Rafe, and really like Eric and Nicole as well as Will and Sonny. Even those who don't know of the horrible past of the golden couple feel like they are too forced and have no chemistry. Most Sami-EJ fans I have seen online are around 30 years old or so and know about their past.

Back