TV Guide did Best & Worst 2014

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lots of different things about prime time, and won't go into that........just the soap world.....and here is how TV Guide saw the Soap Year (they did not do any "worst")

Best Soap...B&B plus GH.
Best Actor - Anthony Geary, GH
Best Actress - Alison Sweeney, Days of Our Lives (due to her "revenge, then forgive, marry and become a widow)
Best Supporting Actor - Ray Wise, Y&R
Best Supporting actress - Lisa LoCicero, GH
Star of the Year - Eileen Davidson ( due to acting on 2 soaps, plus taking on Real Housewives of Beverly Hills)

B&B=Bold & Beautiful
GH - General Hospital
Y&R- Young & Restless

Let me guess. Was this written by Michael Logan?

If so, he seems to be a super fan of both Eileen Davidson (Kristen) and Alison Sweeney (Sami) based on his twitter interactions with them. So this doesn't surprise me one bit.

I'll agree about Anthony Geary on GH. I hate the character but he's terrific as an actor. And Eileen did a great job with a pile of horse manure story. Lisa LoCicero is fabulous on GH as well. That show really knows how to write for its fortysomethings.

Days would be smart to snag some writers from General Hospital or the Young & the Restless. Both shows know how to write for multiple generations of the same family as well as mix the characters up with others.

So do probably a lot of ex-writers of other soaps. But Corday doesn't bother with that mundane stuff himself. If he doesn't have one of the NBC or Sony suits telling him what he should do, or even maybe Greg Meng, he just keeps his head in the sand, ...or maybe in front of the keyboard.

Back