Shane & Eve

MPM

Reaction score
While watching the show the other day it hit me...

Why didn't more people recognize Paige? Why didn't they know who she was when she showed up. Isn't she Shane's granddaughter? You would think that over the years he might have shown her picture around?!? More recently wouldn't he have mentioned to Roman, Hope, Caroline, SOMEONE that his granddaughter was in town? She was there for months before Eve showed up. Hmmm. Perhaps he didn't know? Riiight... Even though she's not Kim's biologically you'd think it would have come up in conversation while chatting with her mom or sister or brother!

Also, I was hoping for Shane to return for the 50th (or maybe Christmas) but Charles Shaughnessy (Shane) looks the same age as his daughter, Eve played by Kassie DePaiva. Who was the casting agent for that?!?! In real life they are only 6 years apart. It would look absolutely ridiculous and totally unbelievable if he ever came to town. And, he's been known to pop up here and there over the years. Maybe she'll end up gone rather than staying in Salem.

Just thought it was odd and it never occurred to me before...I guess that's what Days was going for!

edited to add actor's last name....JS

You'd think that over the years Kim and Shane would've mentioned to the Bradys that he has a granddaughter.

As for Charles Shaughnessy (Shane) and Kassie DePaiva (Eve) only being a few years apart in age, that happens all the time on TV shows and in movies. Plus, since he has gray hair now, it wouldn't be a stretch to picture him as Eve's father.

I agree that it happens all the time in TV shows and movie. Absolutely. Some actors/actresses surely don't look their age. But, some do. In this case (even with his gray hair), I still think they look the same age. But, that's just my opinion. :) Either way, I hope he comes back for the 50th or Christmas! I'd like to see Kim/Shane return to have some more Bradys around the holidays.

Tanya Boyd who played Celeste Perrault on Days was born in 1951, and her daughter, Lexie Brooks Carver was played by Renee' Jones, born in 1958.They used to laugh about the mom being only 7 years older.

Brady Black is only supposed to be a year or two older than Belle. But Eric Martsolf, who plays Brady was born in 1971, Kirsten STorms (Belle) in '84. And if you look at Drake H. being born in '53, but father to Eric M. born in 71. So...was John just 18 when Brady was born? LOL. Not hardly likely.

And of course, on the show, the characters are little kids, are Soras'd and who knows how old they are all supposed to be any more. LOL

Lexie also aged really well. I've noticed that sometimes, they try to make these older women look far younger in these cases-look at all the skin-tight dresses Eve and Kristen wear. Sure, the show puts characters in 'sexy' clothing because the focus nowadays on Days is musical beds rather than actual creative story lines, but I'm pretty sure they do this to make the characters look like young vixens and what not as well.

Paige didn't recognize Theresa as her aunt either. There are a lot of holes in the storyline of Paige in Salem. How long had she been in town before JJ saw her? Yet nobody recognized her. Was she in Salem when Theresa od'ed & Shane & Kimberly came back? I can't recall if there was anything said about when she arrived in town (not seen on screen)

Also Abe told JJ he knew Paige's family and they were good people. I guess that was before TPTB decided Eve was Paige's mom, because that comment just doesn't make sense.

Maybe he meant extended family...???

I know, I shouldn't expect that or be looking for a reasonable, sensible answer on Days...

Back