Ratings Report for the Week of June 9-13, 2014

cryin4days

Reaction score
Ratings Report for the Week of June 9-13, 2014

NOTE: Days Of Our Lives aired in a different timeslot in some markets due to US Open Golf on Thursday and Friday

Numbers are based on Live+Same Day ratings
(Compared to Last Week/Compared to Last Year)

Total Viewers
1. Y&R 4,405,000 (+86,000/-325,000)
2. B&B 3,525,000 (-9,000/-64,000)
3. GH 3,035,000 (-80,000/+503,000)
4. DAYS 2,349,000 (-115,000/-295,000)

Households
1. Y&R 3.2/10 (same/-.2)
2. B&B 2.6/8 (same/same)
3. GH 2.2/7 (-.1/+.3)
4. DAYS 1.7/5 (-.1/-.3)

Women 18-49 Viewers
1. GH 677,000 (-3,000/+122,000)
2. Y&R 653,000 (-46,000/-205,000)
3. B&B 603,000 (-28,000/-83,000)
4. DAYS 540,000 (-47,000/-55,000)

Women 18-49 Rating
1. GH 1.1/7 (same/+.2)
2. Y&R 1.0/7 (-.1/-.3) <—— ties low
3. B&B 0.9/6 (-.1/-.2)
4. DAYS 0.8/6 (-.1/-.1)

Women 18-34 Viewers
1. GH 212,000 (-4,000/+8,000)
2. B&B 172,000 (-9,000/-2,000)
3. Y&R 164,000 (-12,000/-78,000)
4. DAYS 134,000 (-34,000/-18,000)

DAYS
Monday: 1.9/2,591,000
Tuesday: 1.7/2,234,000
Wednesday: 1.8/2,471,000
Thursday: 1.7/2,315,000
Friday: 1.6/2,136,000

http://www.soapoperanetwork.com/2014/06/ratings-gh-1-women-18-49-demo

Monday: 1.9/2,591,000
Eric asks Daniel for the reconstructed medical records that might clear him in the Kristen/Chyka matter. Daniel is shocked when he learns it wasn't Nicole who told Eric the truth, but Jennifer. Meanwhile, Nicole confronts Jennifer for sticking her nose into her and Eric's relationship. Nicole swears she would have told Eric the truth, but Jennifer doesn't believe her. Nicole then shows up at Daniel's apartment, and she surprises him with an angry slap. Ben convinces Paige they didn't know each other in Miami. JJ suggests they all get together sometime, but Ben is privately uneasy. Meanwhile, Bev convinces Cole (who is just out of jail) to plant some weed in Paige's purse. Cole distracts Paige and almost succeeds in dropping the joints into her bag, but is stopped when she returns unexpectedly. JJ appears, and he and Cole get into a fight. Gabi confesses a secret to Abigail. Later, Gabi is surprised when Kate reaches out to her, and they bond. Kate and later Sonny try to cheer up Will.

Tuesday: 1.7/2,234,000
Eric and Jennifer discuss his situation with Nicole, and it's not clear what he's going to do. Meanwhile, Nicole attacks Daniel. She vows she'll never forgive him. Daniel seeks out Jennifer, trying to understand why she went to Eric before Daniel could give Nicole another chance to come clean. Jennifer doesn't believe Nicole ever would have told the truth... and questions whether Daniel would have ultimately forced her. Meanwhile, Nicole pleads with Eric, but he wants her to take off his engagement ring. Nicole refuses. Marlena lays into Sami and Kate. Later, EJ encounters Kate and figures out she visited Stefano. He worries she is softening towards his father and warns that is a mistake. Kate retorts that EJ is the one making a mistake by getting back together with Sami. Despite Hope's protests, Julie confronts Nick's killer. Paige gets JJ to stop fighting with Cole and takes him home. They end up in a kiss, which starts to grow in passion. Meanwhile, Cole informs Bev that her plan of planting drugs on Paige didn't work. Bev vows she'll find another way to break up Paige and JJ.

Wednesday: 1.8/2,471,000
Sami and Marlena interrupt an emotional moment between Nicole and Eric. Eric admits the wedding is off. Once she gets Eric alone again, Nicole asks why he can't forgive her. Eric says he does forgive her... but he'll never forget what she did to him. Jennifer reluctantly admits to Daniel she believes if she hadn't told Eric the truth, then Daniel would have kept covering for Nicole. Daniel is devastated by her lack of faith in him. Emotionally hit, Daniel tells Jennifer she doesn't know him at all... and walks out on her. Gabi thanks Jordan for being so good to her brother. She thinks Jordan is good for Rafe and hopes they stay together. Later, Rafe continues to push Jordan away. EJ informs Sami that Kate is trying to convince his father to stop EJ from marrying Sami. Sami's full of outrage, and EJ promises Stefano will not get in the way of their wedding. JJ and Paige's kiss starts to lead to more, but a call from her mother brings things to a halt. JJ is irked when he thinks Paige hasn't told her mom about him, but Paige assures that's not true. However, she admits she hasn't told her everything about JJ... particularly about his past.

Thursday: 1.7/2,315,000
Gabi shares a tearful farewell with Rafe, Will and Sonny before leaving to start a new life. Jordan catches Sami and Kate arguing in the square. Once Sami leaves, Jordan demands to know if Kate told Sami about her fake IDs. Kate insists she did not, and Jordan is left to wonder why Sami's so angry with her. Later, she visits Ben, who encourages her to be there for Rafe even though he seems to be pushing her away. Brady wakes up with a bad hangover and realizes he had another blackout while partying with Theresa. He vows he cannot keep going on this way. Victor drops by and gets into it with Theresa before laying into Brady about his behavior. It ends badly, and Brady later decides to take another hit with Theresa. Victor offers his help to Will and Sonny. After visiting with Brady, Victor runs into Kate and warns her about getting back together with Stefano.

Friday: 1.6/2,136,000
Hope informs Rafe a secret will soon be made public. Rafe goes to Daniel to break the news and apologizes, guilt-ridden that he kept this secret from his friend. Jordan tells Ben she still can't get through to Rafe. EJ overhears Kate talking to Stefano on the phone about the DiMera board meeting - she's encouraging him to use the opportunity to show everyone who's really in charge. EJ confronts Kate, who denies any ulterior motives. EJ relays this to Sami, who insists on putting Kate on notice right away - she better not try to convince Stefano to derail their wedding! Kate warns them that she and Stefano believe there can only be one queen bee at the DiMera mansion - and it's clear she doesn't mean Sami.

http://www.nbc.com/days-of-our-lives/episodes

Thanks for posting.

How low can the ratings go? Was Friday extra bad because it
was Friday the 13th :)

It's summer time now, I'm sure a lot of people are doing other things.

It aired as regular here, but I guess it was heavily affected on the East coast? These numbers are really all over the place. Do we have any quarterly numbers available?

Days was interrupted in Mountain and Pacific time zones the
two days.

I wonder how many people have given up on Days after that dismal sweeps period? The last two weeks have been pretty good but the ratings are not showing it. The execs should take note and have the show take a new direction, and fire the head writers. They have made it where there are no likeable characters on canvas and have even trashed a lot of the fan favorites (Jack, Jennifer, Chloe, Adrienne, Nicole, Marlena, John). We need a show with couples and characters we can root for.

THE WRITERS ARE NOT THE MAIN PROBLEM!!!!!!
Much of what you've listed are the results of decisions coming from higher up than the writing staff!​
I think a large number of fans have been put off by the publicity put out by the network and highly publicized interviews that came from exiting actors, strictly catering to a single fan base. The move has polarized a good number of regular viewers not interested in watching that particular story play out in the way implied by the actors. In terms of publicity, the show has done little else but push that one couple and storyline.​

I agree with Jnta, partially. The writers are part of the problem, but only a select few. Gary Tomlin and Chris Whitesell are not suited as writers for this show, but the breakdown and associate team has some talent on it.

The problem lies with so many people other than the writing staff... Bruce Evans and Rebecca McGill at NBC, Lisa DeCazotte and Greg Meng on the production staff... I'd blame Ken Corday, but I truly don't know how much he has to do with the show.

I'll just say this... and some may disagree... I think Ken has to take a more active role in the show if he wants to see his parents' creation run past 50 years. These ratings are pathetic. I think it shows how many people have been driven away by this regime's blatant disrespect for the supercouple era and the veteran characters and actors. We need some capable actors back on this show to help out the ones that are trying hard to sell some of this material (let's face it, some of this material is not worth selling... lol)

Some people may accuse me and other longtime fans of living in the past. I don't apologize. That's when Days was really, really good. It can be again with a few tweaks here and there.

I think it's very telling that at the Daytime Emmys tonight multiple people mentioned Steve Kent from Sony as well as Bruce Evans from NBC. He was sitting at the table with Ken Corday, etc. I think Bruce Evans is a big part of the problem. I remember reading that at one point during Day of Days, he was personally walking around with James Scott(EJ).

I think the show already has great acting talent of all ages. It's just not being utilized effectively.

Hopefully not winning the Emmy for best show, writing or directing tonight was a wake up call.

THE WRITERS ARE NOT THE MAIN PROBLEM!!!!!!
Much of what you've listed are the results of decisions coming from higher up than the writing staff!​
I think a large number of fans have been put off by the publicity put out by the network and highly publicized interviews that came from exiting actors, strictly catering to a single fan base. The move has polarized a good number of regular viewers not interested in watching that particular story play out in the way implied by the actors. In terms of publicity, the show has done little else but push that one couple and storyline.​
I TOTALLY AGREE

I agree with Jnta, partially. The writers are part of the problem, but only a select few. Gary Tomlin and Chris Whitesell are not suited as writers for this show, but the breakdown and associate team has some talent on it.

The problem lies with so many people other than the writing staff... Bruce Evans and Rebecca McGill at NBC, Lisa DeCazotte and Greg Meng on the production staff... I'd blame Ken Corday, but I truly don't know how much he has to do with the show.

I'll just say this... and some may disagree... I think Ken has to take a more active role in the show if he wants to see his parents' creation run past 50 years. These ratings are pathetic. I think it shows how many people have been driven away by this regime's blatant disrespect for the supercouple era and the veteran characters and actors. We need some capable actors back on this show to help out the ones that are trying hard to sell some of this material (let's face it, some of this material is not worth selling... lol)

Some people may accuse me and other longtime fans of living in the past. I don't apologize. That's when Days was really, really good. It can be again with a few tweaks here and there.
Well said :clap:
I agree with everything you said.

Back