Possible preemption for Days today (Thurs., 8/14)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just Samantha

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Our local news just said the president is scheduled to jibber-jabber again and that they will break into programming once he steps to the podium.

Depending what time he starts babbling away and what time Days airs in your area, it might be preempted for you.

Heck, why not make the statement right after Days?! It's not like anyone will care if they miss the first few minutes of Access Hollywood Live. Lol.

If he's interrupting to talk about what's going in Ferguson, Missouri, I'm ok with that. The local police have literally declared war on it's own citizens and is doing whatever it can to keep the media from providing coverage. Hopefully this is what he's speaking about because it's about time someone addressed what was happening.

They just broke into programming now (about 10 minutes before 1:00), so you may miss part of Days if it's on now (in your area).

In my area of Texas the show used to air at 1pm and we got alot of interruptions during that time slot. Now the show has aired at 12pm for some time now and we are getting just as many interruptions. Well he's started. I hope it's short and doesn't screw up Texas shows. Sorry about those watching the time slot before that.

Agreed - if there are interruptions for important things, then programming should be interrupted, no matter what it is. We can always catch an episode online if we absolutely need to.

Oh a week or so ago we Texas folk got an interuption that the Dallas Zoo Monorail was stuck with people on it. Well they showed it and it looked as though the monorail wasn't near any animals could get to it and nobody was hurt. So I had to ask "Why was that breaking news?"

I don't mind interruptions for true emergencies or tragedies, but to go on the air and jibber-jabber forever about stuff that could be covered by the press and reported on the evening news is annoying. An hour of his chattering can be condensed into a 30 second soundbite on the evening news (and be covered by the newspapers and online outlets).

Agreed - if there are interruptions for important things, then programming should be interrupted, no matter what it is. We can always catch an episode online if we absolutely need to.

Unfortunately there are many times where it's really not important enough to break in to the show and could very easily be covered in the evening and nightly news.

Wow, it's 1:00 and he's done. Color me surprised (even more so that the talking heads didn't take another 30 minutes regurgitating what he just said).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back