Possible Days interruption today (Thurs., 8/21) in some areas

Just Samantha

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
For crying out loud, NBC just broke into programming so they can chatter about the 2 Ebola patients being released from the hospital. The male Ebola patient is supposed to speak in front of the press.

This warrants national interruption of daytime TV??? Seriously??

I'm happy for both patients, but c'mon.... this can't be covered on the noon and evening newcasts?!!

SO, if Days airs at 11:00 (Eastern time) in your area, it's going to be interrupted.

This is ridiculous; it's been 20 minutes now.

OK, it's now 11:25 and they went back to programming. So if Days airs at 11:00 (Eastern time) in your area, then you missed about 20-25 minutes of the show.

It takes a little time for the press to gather, the hospital to organize their own security, for a statement to be written, reviewed, re-written, approved, and some time for the patients to get to wherever they wish to be when the press conference is held (assuming that they would like to not be followed home and asked a thousand different things by the press) and, of course, for the patient to come up with any statement they would like passed on via those holding the press conference. Ebola is a serious thing, and releasing patients with clean tests is a BIG thing.

But interrupting daytime TV on a national level for 25 minutes? Sorry, but this could have been covered by the press/media and reported on the noon and evening news, plus online and in print editions.

Well, it could be Jennifer Horton works at that hospital and they had to track her down to obtain the press release, then they had to find their photographer who was out being moody. I can see why it would take a few hours.

But on a serious note, I'm glad these people have healed. That is one very scary disease.

Back