Mystery is the name of the game?

LOL, what has Salem, Oregon have to do with OUR Salem, a stone's throw from Chicago.

There IS a Salem, Illinois, about 60 miles east of St. Louis, (and a few hours south of the Chicago area) that used to host a Days of Our Lives festival every September. When The person who did all that work was no longer on the city council, or board, that was the end of the festival. Yes, I wrote once to the City asking about it.
http://www.salemil.us/Pages/index

Now, Salem, WI actually is a lot closer, just over the state line, probably get their TV from Chicago (just like I do from Duluth). It is actually considered a town, population under 10,000.
http://www.townofsalem.net/
From what I have read, Days' Salem is supposed to be West of Chicago. 50 years ago, that would have been very rural, and definitely not considered "suburbia".
Chicago is an easy drive from Days' Salem, they have trains that get there, can drive to concerts, plays, dinner, and even male stripper clubs. LOL
Green Mountain Lodge is supposed to be just over the state line in Wisconsin, which is why it always had more snow, and some skiing, etc.

I think it's funny how they go out of their way to NEVER say what state Salem is located in. I love how mail is always addressed with "Salem, USA".
Well they clearly don't want to reveal the location where miracle drugs exist, weather domes, expert brainwashing (nuJohn anyone?), the existing technology to bring someone back to life, etc! Duh! :rotfl:

You know, I remember once......years ago...no idea if there was an event, maybe at Mall of America, but they had a Cameraman take exterior shots of some huge buildings in Minneapolis. Hospital, Courthouse with those big wide steps going up, a few mansions, among other things. And then, when they wanted to indicate the characters were in one of those places, they would show an exterior shot for a few seconds. Loved when they did the police station exterior shot...at the time Roman & Abe each had offices, there was a room to question suspects, plus the communal spot for the cops & detectives. And they would say they were taking the suspect up to fingerprinting, or down to holding. And when you saw exteriors of what was supposed to be DiMansion, or the K-mansion, you could understand how they could talk of "east wing", or having a whole wing to themselves, etc. Needless to say, they did not use those shots very long. The building exteriors were really TOO large for Salem. LOLOL But was nice while it lasted.

Y&R and B&B still do that. I like when they show a quick 1-2 second shot of the outside of some building before the scene starts.

Back