Ken Corday's Top 3 DAYS moments

cryin4days

Reaction score
TV insider asked Corday for his Top 3 moments in DAYS history: Here's a link to the article which also has clips of all 3 moments: http://www.tvinsider.com/article/1460/50-years-of-days-of-our-lives-ken-corday-top-three-moments/

1. Roman Dies in Bo's Arms (1984): "He [Peter Reckell] was brilliant and heartbreaking, as Bo told his brother, Roman [Wayne Northrop], 'You can't die! You can't die!' It just pulled at you so heavily.

2. Bo and Hope's Wedding (1985) "It was the classic bad boy-good girl, starcrossed-lovers story...The Bo and Hope wedding was magical—so sweet, honest, perfect. Incredible moment!"

3. Patch and Kayla's Wedding (1988) "This was a similar formula to Bo and Hope—the rebel and the beauty... The moment when Kayla can't speak, and then the first words she says back to Patch are, 'I love you,' is simply incomparable. There wasn't a dry eye when we were shooting that ceremony."

OK, Ken Corday needs to re-read this list until it is permanently seared into his brain. Then maybe he'll realize THIS was when Days had "can't miss" episodes, full of intrigue, heartbreak and romance. Not having everybody playing mattress polo the minute they are introduced, disgusting hook-ups and not having one single couple you can root for. Not one single "it's us against the world" couple. No, now every couple has a nasty secret waiting beneath the surface, ready to explode at any minute and ruin them.

In 1985, I was 7 years old and I remember sitting on the floor in the kitchen watching Bo and Hope's wedding with my mom. I remember being amazed at how many people were in that church and at the time I wasn't able to distinguish "real" from television and so in my 7 year old mind I was watching a real wedding. I think that's why Bo and Hope have always just been "it" for me.

I don't really remember that scene of Roman dying, but after watching it a few moments ago, I can easily see why Corday has this as his #1 pick. I was in tears when Bo was gently lifting Roman trying to pull him away from the waves and then when Roman just goes quiet and still in Bo's arms. Heartbreaking!

I was 10 when Steve and Kayla were married and by that time understood a little more what I was watching and I remember her rushing to speak and the look on Steve's face. Today was my first time watching their wedding since it originally aired. I've always thought Kayla was deaf during that time because I remembered her using sign language, but I just learned that she lost her speech and regained it on her wedding day. It's even more touching now because I realized she wanted to be able to speak her vows to Steve. The context I was missing watching that as a child! Brilliant!

I know many people say soaps aren't for kids but I watched with my mom during summers and days I was home from school sick and I can still remember my mom saying "close your eyes". I didn't understand it then but now I realize she must have said it during sex scenes. :rotfl:

Interesting......all three are from the 80s.....and as much as Corday is talking "standout" episodes, makes you wonder why he did not put his foot down, saying NO to the present day garbage. (His mother did when she was running the show)

Thanks JS, that bit of Kayla's history is somewhat cloudy because I can't remember what led to her condition either. The summary to clips I watched say Kayla regains her speech, nothing about her hearing so I just assumed I had it wrong all of these years. I just remember her finally being able to speak again on her wedding day.

Kayla lost her hearing and speech as a result of an explosion....during an attack on her by the Riverfront Knifer.....(Harper Deveraux) She eventually had surgery that restored her hearing, but she did not regain her speech...not until her wedding day.

I'm shocked! I thought his favorite episodes would've been Sami's wedding to EJ, the Eve & JJ hate boink, or Daniel & Jennifer making love for the first time.

Either this list is just lip service to stop fans from calling him out on his lies, or he's finally acknowledging that the writing for past decades is truly much superior to the garbage on our screens right now.

See what Mr. Corday chose maked me realize that he's not even embarrassed to say that nothing in the 1990's, 2000's, 2010=15?? He didn't chose anything of Sami and/or EJ whether separate or together?? He did chose anything from the two people who were so important that we had to watch the screen be flooded by them for so long? That we had to go through all the terrible things EJ did and for all the foolishness of a woman of Sami's position in the city of Salem? How can that be? He must be having some amnesia!! I guess that I, for one, cannot accept the fact that if he didn't find anything worth watching in all these years, why should we? :sarcasm:

Back