John Black

I guess if they consider by marriage, all of Marlena’s grandkids are in the mix. So between the 2 of them, there are sons Brady, Paul, and Eric, daughters Belle and Sami. Which then means grandchildren Tate, Rachel, Jude, Claire, Will, Allie, Johnny, Sydney, and great grandchildren Ari and Henry. I think I got that right. The 4 granddaughters would be Claire, Allie, Sydney, and Rachel, and the 1 great-granddaughter would be Ari.

With all of the storylines related to who John actually is, I feel like we need a timeline of him growing up. They finally settled on him being a Robicheaux. So his parents are Timothy and Maude, and she gave him up for adoption after she thought Timothy died in the war.

He gets adopted by Leopold and Philomena Alamain and they name him Forrest. He supposedly drowned with brother Lawrence watching it happen. Trying to remember how that story played out. Did Vivian take him away?

Then what happens that gets him to become John Stevens and a priest before he somehow ends up as the Pawn, starting his story on screen?

Trying to remember how that story played out. Did Vivian take him away?
No, we got some very brief and sketchy explanation that somehow the fake Timothy, a/k/a Yo Ling, got his hands on John after the alleged drowning and put him into that Hunger Games style boarding school, Winterthorne Academy, where he met Eduardo Hernandez.

Here's a post I did earlier this year after doing some digging:

In the early 90's, John was found to be the bio son of Philomena and Leopold Alamain, named Forrest Alamain, who drowned as a 3 or 4 year old. Lawrence said no one in the family saw Forrest's body after the death and later when the casket was exhumed, it was filled with sand. A DNA test was done on Lawrence and John, and it was a match.

Then Tony (really Andre) returned around 2002 with a letter from Daphne (Tony's mother) saying she had a baby from an affair and gave the child to Philomena (her sister) and Leopold to raise. Another DNA test was done and and it showed John and "Tony" to be brothers. Then we later got another rewrite that John was the son of Colleen Brady (Pop Shawn Brady's sister) and Santo DiMera (Stefano's father), named Ryan Brady.

When the show wanted to hook up Brady and Jeannie T, we got a quick throw-away line that John went to Europe to do extensive research and discovered Ryan Brady had died as a little boy. Then later he was said to be the son of Maude Robicheaux and Timothy Robicheaux, a/k/a the deranged Yo Ling. Timothy went off to the war and Maude couldn't afford to take care of John, so he was either sold or put into an orphanage.

And now, the most recent rewrite is that Yo Ling stole the identity of Timothy Robicheaux, and John found his bio dad, the real Timothy Robicheaux, a/k/a Daddy Van Dyke.

Due to rewrites, they seem to stick with the story of Philomena and Leopold adopting/buying John when he was little more than a baby, and somehow his death (drowning) was faked (unbeknownst to the Alamain family), and he was whisked away to the Hunger Games style boarding school, Winterthorne Academy, where he met Eduardo Hernandez as a kid, and somehow Yo Ling had a hand in arranging. :rolleyes: Oddly, Vivian appears to be fond of her adoptive nephew John.
Then what happens that gets him to become John Stevens and a priest before he somehow ends up as the Pawn, starting his story on screen?
I don't think we ever got a clear explanation or timeline as to how/when he got out of Winterthorne Academy, became John Stevens, then a priest, then the Pawn.

As I mentioned before, maybe Sydney will return to Salem with Sami, and how I wish she was portrayed by Lauren Boles. (child Ciara). Haven't heard a thing about the chances of our seeing older Sydney/casting calls. Oh, well.

Sometimes.......they are hesitant about casting a son or daughter for a character..........because it would "age" the character too much, resulting in protests from the actor. Am not saying that is the case.......just noting it does happen.

Back