Jennifer's wardrobe

Heather4CU

Reaction score
I just don't get it. Today's hideous outfit took the cake. Melissa Reeves(Jennifer) is a beautiful woman with a great body. Why does she continue to get saddled with these atrocious looking wardrobe choices? She has some great dresses in her closet yet they continue to put her in the printed palazzo pants with baggy tops. Or items like that awful pinkish mauve suit. Not flattering and not stylish!!!! And very 1990s!

I think Melissa Reeves(Jennifer) should protest some of these items when they are offered to her. Both Alison Sweeney(Sami) and Deidre Hall(Marlena) have made it clear that they have input into their character's wardrobe. So why can't Melissa Reeves(Jennifer) have it too?

Could there be a method to Jennifer's fashion madness? Melissa Reeves's Jennifer character usually comes across as a fussy priss, and her love interest is an unshaven man who usually looks like an unmade bed. If she were better dressed, perhaps her silly babbling wouldn't be as believable. And if she dressed more stylishly, the contrast between her and the seedy Love Doctor would be too glaring. In contrast, both EJ and Sami usually dress well, as did Stefano and Kate when they were together.

I thought maybe, with the huge wardrobe that Days has accumulated over the years, that perhaps they are trying to "use up" some of the stuff packed away and unused for years, in order to get rid of it. You know, sell it for charity.....worn by so and so on Days....with a pic????

I just don't get it. Today's hideous outfit took the cake. Melissa Reeves(Jennifer) is a beautiful woman with a great body. Why does she continue to get saddled with these atrocious looking wardrobe choices? She has some great dresses in her closet yet they continue to put her in the printed palazzo pants with baggy tops. Or items like that awful pinkish mauve suit. Not flattering and not stylish!!!! And very 1990s!

I think Melissa Reeves(Jennifer) should protest some of these items when they are offered to her. Both Alison Sweeney(Sami) and Deidre Hall(Marlena) have made it clear that they have input into their character's wardrobe. So why can't Melissa Reeves(Jennifer) have it too?

I agree with you. I saw that thing and it is awful!!! Darn I thought it look more 1975!!!!!! EEEEK Can someone say plain blue jeans and a white t-shirt would go just fine!!:):confused:

edited to fix quote....JS

I agree! I feel sorry for Missy Reeves (Jennifer). The clothes they put Jennifer in are awful! I also think it's time she do something different with her hair. The stick-straight look is too severe for her now. Years ago, she had her hair cut short and it really looked cute on her. This might be a time to try that again.

She NEVER dressed this abominably when she was with Jack. It was always stylish and age appropriate and she does have some cute dresses in her wardrobe. Even the jeans outfit she wore on the island with Liam was nice. I just don't get the contrast.

It was the same with Gabi though not as severe.

OMG, I just commented in another thread about Jennifer's wardrobe. It's absolutely hideous lately. I was so excited to see her out of that pink suit and now she's in clothes apparently taken from Marcia Brady's closet.

I thought the outfit today justified having its own thread :drunk:

Jennifer's outfit today was terrible, as usual. But I still think the worst was a few days ago. The ugly ponytail hairdo mixed with the pink Barbie outfit was very hard to look at.

I must say, I am shocked that people here think Sami's wardrobe is usually good. Maybe a few years ago. But now it is awful! Too many very short, leather dresses, ugly and greasy hairdos, bad makeup, and just some plain ol' ugly clothing like Jennifer's!

Usually Kate and Nicole have really cool outfits and hairstyles, though last year Nicole had a few bad hair days and ugly dresses, and I didn't care for Kate's leather blue jacket the other day.

Eric and Daniel need to change their wardrobes. Someone today said Eric dresses like a college student and that is true. Daniel rolls up his sleeves too much and it feels like the 90s when he wears all those jean jackets. Rafe's clothes have improved since the days when he was with Sami.

The thing is, many of these items are still sold in stores today, and I see a lot of guys in jean jackets. Also hoodie sweatshirts. In fact, makes me laugh when I see males in shorts, sandals, and a sweatshirt with a hood pulled over their heads (protecting from mosquitos, evidently).

But I do admit, I don't see these ultra short dresses on anyone, nor 6 in. high heels, nor palazzo pants...anywhere! Maybe vintage clothing is a huge fad out in L.A.?

Back