Jenn - "I just haven't been me since....."

SarahBeth

Reaction score
Did that hag seriously say she hasn't been herself since finding JJ and Eve getting it on? Wrong! She hasn't been herself since she didn't drop Daniel like an anvil when Jack came back and revealed that he was held captive in the Middle East. She showed more interested in Jack's captivity after he was dead than when he came back but that was only because Eve came to get what Jack promised her.

I don't mean to go too far astray. But I just have to say something. I know James Reilly had his own ideas about characters, and really liked any sci-fi aspects he could bring on to Days. The shock value of his first go-round had jaws dropping, eyes bulging, all out of disbelief. Marlena with yellow eyes, possessed, Carly buried alive, etc. etc. And then Reilly left, but eventually returned and we had our Salem Stalker, so many MAJOR characters killed off, one after the other. This was so Reilly could fill Salem with his own created characters. It all backfired, and Reilly was told in no uncertain terms, we don't care how, get them all back. And so we got Melaswen, and a very unhappy Reilly.
Fast forward, and we have Tomlin & Whitesell, both of whom wrote under Reilly, now headwriting Days, using basically the same formula. Break up couples, pair up dubious ones, fight, argue, cheat, and definitely change the personalities.

When Whitesell wrote with Dena Higley, they butted heads over storyline direction, Whitesell was let go. But when Higley wanted to do the autism story full justice, plus wanted the gay storyline, NBC butted in, and....well, we all know what happened. Higley was gone, NBC changed it's mind about the gay story, and we got the material we have seen for the past 3 years.

I have hated Jen's personality, and what they have done to others. Yes, there are things I enjoy. Anne Milbauer..and I give credit to the actress there. I really do like Jen Lilley's acting int he part of Theresa, but do not like Theresa. LOL I like Sean Christian and what he brings to the part of Paul.
But Jennifer..shaking head here. However, I am giving points because she owned up to paige, how wrong she was in all she did, the mistake she made, her thought process, which ignored certain aspects. It really is very difficult to admit such a HUGE wrong, she did it, and had to deal with the fact that she was so sure she was so right, and she wasn't. And, so far, she has.
Perhaps this is a turning point for her.

Back