If you Could.......

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
have what you would consider the perfect roster of characters.....
We all know Days has big budget problems, so their character list had to be reduced. So...is you had the power....name 20 characters that you would want on contract to be seen regularly. (We are pretending we have fabulous writers, now)

We have to have recurring, those not needed all the time, but that we want to see. So just 10 of those.
Think carefully now, before you post. This means 20 on contract, that we see involved in big story, short story, filler throughout the year.
And you are not limited to current cast. But think of who you would like to see around all or most of the time, who you don't want gone, but feel are important. We are talking characters now.......not actors.

Oh, how fun ! :clap: Let's see... (I'm going to cheat a little and put a few that are not there right now... I would hire them in a heartbeat).

On contract :

- Nicole
- Lucas
- Kayla
- Steve (Oh, just bring him back together with his Sweetness !!!!)
- Hope
- Aiden
- Justin
- Chad Dimera, as a grey character
- Sonny
- Will (only if the bring back the one who's not Sami's son, in other words, the spoiled brat we've seen for the last few weeks)
- John
- Marlena
- Roman
- Clyde (as THE villain I would love to hate)
- Jack (bring him back and be Nicole's boss and pair these two together)
- Victor (as the great shady business man he once was)
- Shane Donnovan (bring him back as the great spy he once was)
- Rafe (as the great FBI guy he once was)
- Daniel : as the great surgeon, and only a great surgeon, not a do-it-all-superhero-wannabe
- Kate, in a love triangle (the only triangle I would like) with Roman and Clyde.

And now, recurring :

- JJ : As, perhaps, an apprentice in his father's newspaper
- Maggie (to be seen with Victor once in a while, not as a busy buddy)
- Three new women to be brought on so they can be paired with Lucas, Shane (I'm sorry, I never was a fan of Kimberly... to much of a Drama Queen for my taste), Rafe
- Adrienne, to be seen with Justin, as a great wife and great mother

I'm not done on the recurring ones, I know. I just can't think of anymore right now.

On Contract:
Rafe
Sami
Lucas
John
Marlena
Kayla
Steve
Hope
Aiden
Brady
Belle
Shawn-Douglas
Nicole
Eric
Abigail
Jeannie Theresa
Andrew Donovan
Chad
Carrie
Austin
Daniel

Rotating Contract:
Tad
Jennifer
JJ
Joy Wesley(for JJ)
Will
Sonny
Kimberly
Nathan (for Jeannie Theresa)
Mike Horton
Ben

Recurring:
Sheryl (for Lucas)
Victor
Maggie
Roman
Kate (for Roman)
Caroline
Craig Wesley
Nancy Wesley
Chloe (for Brady)
Shane

Kids: Ciara, Chase, Joey, Arianna, Lucas and Sheryl's kid, Claire, Johnny(now Lucas'), Allie, Sydney, Daniel Rafael, Baby No-Name Reed

Contract:
Lucas, Nicole, Will, Sonny, Maggie
Kate, Billie, John, Marlena, Kayla
Shane, Steve, Abby, Carrie, Austin
Stephanie, Laura, Abe, Eve*, Jack

I know it violates the rules, but I'd need 5 new characters to cycle in as well - 6 weeks on, 6 weeks off story rotation. Played by actors Melissa Archer, Ron Raines, Anna Stuart, Wendy Moniz, and Kassie DePaiva. So at any given time 20 actors would be front burner, the others sidelined for a few weeks between stories.
*Eve would be portrayed by Charlotte Ross

Recurring:
Victor, Caroline, Roman, Ben, Kimberly
Shane, Clyde, Chad, T, Adrienne
Anne, Rory, Bryan, Brady, Daniel

Representing the Hortons
Doug and Julie (in the Horton house)
Bill and Laura
Hope and Aiden

Representing the Bradys
Shane and Kim
Kayla and Patch

Kiriakis
Philip and a wife, fiancé, or girlfriend (one, not one of each)

Black
John and Marlena
Belle and Shawn

Other
Rafe, Nicole, Kate, Lucas

Recurring: Abe, Victor, Maggie, Clyde, Brady, Roman, Sonny, Chad, Jennifer, Peter Blake

Kids: Ciara, Chase, Allie, Joey, Theo

Regular:
Will (if he's more mature)
Sonny
Melanie
Abigail (if she's more mature)
Theresa
Chad
Hope
Aiden
Lucas
Nicole
Rafe
Victor
Maggie (if she's less nosy)
JJ
Justin
Adrienne
T/Tad--always thought he should have a much larger role
Abe
Roman
Marlena

Recurring:
Brady
John
Stefano
Jordan
Ben
Daniel
Jennifer
Chloe (bring her back)
Kate
Eve
Clyde
Vivian (bring her back)
Taylor (bring her back for Brady)
Nathan
Stephanie
Philip

Contract:
John, Marlena, Hope, Aiden, Kayla, Steve, Shane, Kimberly
Rafe, Lucas, Brady, Nicole
Shawn, Belle, Philip, Chloe, Theresa
Will, Sonny, JJ

Recurring:
Victor, Maggie, Caroline, Abe, Roman, Kate, Clyde, Justin, Adrienne, Anne, Sheryl (for Lucas), T

I would also eventually rotate Sarah Horton in for Rafe, and Craig, Nancy, and Joy Wesley (for JJ) after other stories are established.

Contract:
John, Marlena, Rafe, Hope, Nicole, Aiden,Tad
Sonny, Chad, Steve, Kayla, Jack, Stephanie, Lucas
JJ, Will, Jeannie Theresa, Andrew, Joy Wesley, Daniel

Recurring:
Anne, Maxine, Abe, Roman, Victor, Maggie, Craig & Nancy Wesley,
Doug, Julie

Really do not want to lose Rory, Adrienne or Justin..so perhaps semi-recurring. You know for those short "arc" stories.

Contract:
Daniel, Kayla, JJ, Nicole, Rafe, John, Marlena, Brady, Hope, Aiden, Abe, Roman, Sonny, Will, Paige

Recurring:
Jen, Eve, Rory, Maxine, Anne, Ciara, Doug, Julie, Victor, Maggie, Roman, Miles, Adrienne, Justin

I'd also add a couple of new contract characters as new love interests, classmates of the college/teen set, co-workers of the adults. I'd like to see Marlena training a new therapist so that we can have two counselors. I threw Nicole's boss into recurring because I'd like to see more conflict played out between him and Nicole every once in a while.

What I want to get back to is there being core families, and some members of those families appearing on a recurring basis--I put Eve and Jen both in that category because they are too involved in their kids' lives; if they get a storyline of their own they can go back to contract.

[Edited: oops, I like Hope so much I listed her twice at first! :rotfl:]

Contract
Marlena, John, Nicole, Lucas, Rafe, Kayla, Victor, Kate, Sonny, Will, Abe, Roman, Hope, Aiden, Justin, Daniel, Brady, Chloe, Chad, Maggie

Recurring
Clyde, Jennifer, JJ, Abby, Caroline, Maxine, Bill, Laura, Ben, Vivian, Stefano, Doug, Julie, T, Rory, Paige, Anne, Adrienne, the kids like Ciara and Chase

Perfect roster...keep it to the core families and some others:

Contract:
Sami, Lucas, Marlena, John, Caroline, Victor, Kate, Maggie, Philip, Jennifer, Jack, Bo, Hope, Chloe, Brady, Roman, Kayla, Nicole, Rafe, Patch/Steve

Recurring:
JJ, Abby, Shawn, Belle, Ciara, Claire, Johnny, Allie, Sydney, Stefano. Chad or Clyde (still need a villain)

This, of course, entails all of the characters being written in their original character personalities (e.g.: Sami & Lucas--after green wedding, Bo & Hope, Kayla & Patch are still married; Sami never went DiMera hag (for lack of a better word)--and because of that, all of her kids are Lucas')

Contract
1 Mimi Lockhart, 2 Shawn Brady, 3 Philip Kiriakis, 4 Chloe Lane, 5 Daniel Jonas, 6 Hope Brady,
7 Kayla, 8 Abby Devareaux, 9 Melanie, 10 Will Horton, 11 Chad Dimera, 12 Sonny Kiriakis, 13 Kate Dimera (as Stefano's wife and partner in crime please, I kind of liked that pairing), 14 Daniel Jonas, 15 Eric Brady, 16 Roman Brady, 17 Victor Kiriakis, 18 Nicole Walker, 19 Rafe Hernandez, 20 Lucas Horton

Recurring
1 Jan Peterson (was it Peterson or Pearson? she was a "bad guy" but I found her hilarious... gah. to cage up Shawn again please?), 2 Stefano, 3 Brady Black, 4 Chelsea, 5 Arianna/Ciara/Theo/kids, 6 John Black, 7 Jennifer Devareaux (the old Jennifer please, not hag mcgee we have today), 8 Abe, 9 Marlena Evans, 10 Belle Black

I keep changing my mind. this list has changed at least 7 times. LOL... I give up.
I'll take any character, as long as the writers get better at their game.

I always found it hard for viewers when a "recurring" character comes on, is so well liked, but is just on a few days, or short story arc, and they are gone. John Aniston, who plays Victor, doesn't want a contract. He prefers recurring, insists on it. And yes, that does give an actor leeway to do other things if they come up, and they know they won't be called in by Days. On contract, they cannot do that, without permission.
So I suppose, contract players would be those we figure we just would not want to lose to another show, or want to be sure they remain in Salem. I mean look how the show lost Wally Kurth, who they kept on recurring, and never using him, or hardly ever using him.

Contract:
Justin, Adrienne. Sonny, Alex Kiriakis (eldest son of Justine and Adrienne), Philip Kiriakis (heir to Victor), Jack, Steve, Kayla, Stephanie
Sami, Lucas, Will, Nicole, Eric, Abe, Lexie
Chad, Kristen (heir to Stefano), Kate, Billie
Recurring: Victor, Stefano, Marlena, Caroline, Doug, Julie, Austin, Carrie, Hope, Bo

DaysLady, I think you're referring to Jan Spears, who was portrayed by: Heather Lauren Olsen 1999 to 2002; November 2003 to April 6, 2004 & Heather Lindell: April 6, 2004 to May 9, 2005*

*Source: SoapCentral:About Days/Who's Who in Salem.

Back