I absolutely LOVED Hope and Aiden today (Wed. 11/12)

I didn't see all of the scenes yet but from what I saw, they were amazing!

However, does anyone else feel it's premature for Aiden to be saying he loves Hope? I understand it happens in real life but their relationship just doesn't seem to have progressed to that level yet.

Yes, I agree Heather. While I did think it was sweet that he told her he loved her, in my opinion, it was too soon. But heck, at least we're lucky he told her that BEFORE they have sex (which you know is inevitable).

With Brady (and the others) it's more like:

Brady: Hi, I'm Brady.

Female: Hi, I'm [insert name].

Brady: You're hot.

Female: So are you, babycakes.

Brady: Let's hit the sheets.

Female: Already taking off my clothes, lover boy.

I agree with SaraBeth. It has been apparent for some time that Aiden has deep feelings for Hope, and I think their friendship has taken a wonderfully slow path to now. Both have been aware of the feelings that have developed for the other person.
Today, Aiden knew Hope had questions about his past, and she said yes, but she respected his privacy. He said he knew that, because she could have checked his background long ago. And then she shuts off her computer, he says "you're not going to read it?" . And she says no, I want you to tell me yourself what happened. And boy, when Aiden went into the story, haltingly, but truthfully, telling it all, and then, at the end, tears in his eyes. Hope said words of comfort, and they evidently were perfect for the moment, as he he just blurted out "I love you", and kissed her. The way he held her face, so tenderly. She was touched. Oh, well, done, very well done, indeed. Loved it.

I think what was so refreshing about these scenes was that Aiden actually opened up to Hope about his tortured past instead of the usual hide, evade, lie routine. To me that is what made it so romantic and emotional. It felt real and authentic. I thought Daniel Cosgrove (Aiden) did a fabulous job considering the amount of dialogue and the seriousness of the subject. You could just see that sense of relief and release at opening up to Hope and knowing he could trust her.

I also agree with SaraBeth--the love confession wasn't too soon, as they've known each other for a pretty long time and have clearly had feelings for months. Plus, there may have been some other interactions off-screen that we didn't see. I think it makes enough sense. OH, and really great scenes with them today.

Back