How long is a "Salem second"?

WhizGidget

Reaction score
Having heard Theresa utter this recently (and in flashback yesterday) I want to know how long a Salem second is. What do you guys think?

I mean, some days in Salem drag for a couple of weeks (we can tell by no wardrobe changes), and others last an hour (like 4th of July, or Christmas). Anyone have grand theories as to what time really means?

(and I'll head off the requisite "does anyone really know what time it is" statement right here)

@JS, Post#2.......you beat me to the keyboard on that one. LOL. Boy, it is always amazing when one day in Salem last so long for us, and then they have to play catchup, and though it is "the next day", they talk of what happened "yesterday" as happening 3 weeks ago. Ha.

But then, I suppose it is no different than people in one part of Salem having lunch, while another part has the characters going out to dinner. Then of course, there is the going to sit and look at the stars in broad daylight. Yep, that is what happens when you live Under The Dome. LOLOL

Never heard of Tardis, don't watch Dr. Who, yes, I know many do.
Salem time is impossible to be measured at all. There is no consistency to it. Perhaps, in Salem, time stands still, enabling all the residents to engage in their tasks, conversations, phone calls, texting, etc. without a second passing. Otherwise their days are really very, very long ones. But then it is hard to tell, as they are rarely outside, mostly inside under the dome, you know, the one that covers the square.

It depends on the story... and what month it is.

If it is "sweeps", that second comes and goes faster than a speeding bullet if the story is being wrapped up by the writers...

If it is not "sweeps", and it's just a small story with in a story... chances are that second will last a year. perhaps even forgotten about. "swept under the rug" as some would say.

Remember how much time was spent by Sami trying to figure out Rafe's past? every other day, she was closer and closer. Only for something big in a totally unrelated story to happen and we never ever found out what exactly happened with Rafe's past (Emily).

Just another story left hanging by days writers.

It's like they have ADHD or something.... they are writing a story, it starts to get interesting... then HEY LOOK A SQUIRREL!!!

Back