Days of our Body and Soul

ShaunP(not ShawnD!)

Reaction score
I don't know who in the writers' room thought this soap about a soap story was a good idea, but today's episode was just torture to watch. If I hadn't been writing the summary, I probably would have fast forwarded through or skipped the show entirely. Abe and Kate trying to use every place in Salem as a set, casting all of their friends and families, putting Leo in charge of the scripts and making them even more over the top than the regular Days stories, it's all too much.

It was cute when it was a show on the TV while Abe was getting his memory back and he was telling Kayla, Kate, and Marlena that they reminded him of the characters on tv. That was actually creative and I'm sure a fun way for the actors to play something different. But turning the whole town into a cast and crew of a soap is just getting annoying.

I'm sure ReRon and team think they're being clever by making fun of their over-the-top storylines and mocking soap opera culture, but considering there are only a few shows even left, it might not be the best tactic to give the execs ammo to cut you. I really hope this doesn't drag on all the way until the 60th anniversary/Doug funeral episodes months from now.

Could not agree more with you both........this episode was the pits......Corday better get off the golf course and pay some attention to what is going on with the show. Honestly, it is hard to figure out just who and why thought any of this was a good idea. Is not even good farce, or decent comedy.

Corday is lucky this isn't a live theater, cuz nearly everyone would be walking out...disgusted.

I'm really shocked that they're making this a major storyline instead of, as I suggested, a light or actual spinoff or limited-run show.

It might even be tolerable under a competent head writer who can balance more than 2 stories at a time.

But we either get Chad/"Abby", the car wreck, non-horny teens, or Body & Soul. They're trying umbrella stories and it's failing.

Corday is lucky this isn't a live theater, cuz nearly everyone would be walking out...disgusted.
Corday is lucky that things are not like the theatre in earlier times. If they were, the audience would be pelting the actors with garbage. B&S is bad beyond belief and should be put out of its misery.

This isn't something that should taking up a bunch of air time or that they want us to take seriously. It's the sort of thing that back in day would have been had Calliope or someone doing this on the side and everyone else sort of laughing it off as wacky but cute or something. Having serious people like Abe and Kate involved is absurd. This could have been maybe Leo and Bonnie trying to do a soap and giving us some comedy because the show desperately needs it. Instead half the cast is in the middle of this mess.

Back