Days episodes lately

TylerJax

Reaction score
I have to say that this show is so boring lately. Storylines are filled with doom, gloom and anger. I realize this is a soap opera and there is supposed to be drama but shouldn't there be some happiness as there used to be years ago. Even in life there are ups and downs and some joy or at least moments of fun. What happy couple or romance do we actually get to see. Even if someone has dinner or a "date" someone or something will come along and ruin it. We are supposed to know that Julie and Doug still have a good relationship; that Victor and Maggie are in love. They don't get much air time or a story line that has a light/fun moment
  • Bo and Hope are ruined
  • Jennifer and Daniel (like them as a couple or not) are full of anger with each other
  • Rafe and Jordan have been ruined.
  • Sami and EJ - it's all about control and lust. There is no love there or romance - in my opinion. Nor would I want to see it from them.
  • Lucas, Roman, Nicole all underutilized and worthy of a relationship!
As many of you do, I have years invested in the show and I probably won't give up watching but I am really tired of anger, spitefulness and negativity. The only bright spot is Marlena and John (I am not a huge fan of them as a couple) but I'll take it in a heartbeat if we can get back to something positive and loving.

I miss Gran and her advice and donuts, Bo and Hope finding their way back to one another even during a tragedy such as losing Zack. Family gatherings, holiday celebrations, the Fancy Face. I could go on but I think you understand my point. :(

I stopped watching--don't plan on resuming until EJ and Sami are both gone, because both characters are incredibly annoying.
Your comment about Rafe and Jordan being 'ruined'...for me, they have always been ruined. At first I thought there was potential there. But their storyline is beyond boring. I'd rather see 100 more flashbacks of Theresa hitting John than them getting back together.

I agree that there is too much negativity on the show, and perhaps that is why sometimes, my posts and the posts of others lean more towards the negative. There was a time (2010, early 2011) I thought the show could do no wrong. Now, I'm starting to feel like the opposite is true. I miss the days of romance and ridiculously-outrageous story lines, like Vivian in the coffin. Now, too many meaningless romps and fights, and catering to 2 very small fan bases (Daniel & Jennifer, EJ & Sami).

I agree it's been boring lately. But, I've been watching for 35+ years and still have to have my Days time. So, I'll continue to watch. I'd like to see JJ get a more adventurous girlfriend, and I'd love to see Rory and Marybeth realize they got the hots for each other! LOL.

I also think Nicole and Brady need to finally get it together. They should start their own News Show.. Perhaps the Salem Spectator?! Will could be the roaming reporter.

I think Eve should have red hair, just like she did way back then!

I liked Jennifer better when she ate the laced doughnuts. In fact, I predict that Salem legalizes the stuff and she quits and opens a 'special store'. Julie and JJ could run it, since Julie's into karma/spiritualism and JJ has experience. Who knows, Rory and Marybeth could work there too. I think Eugene and Calliope should wander through again, as investors.

On a serious note, although I do miss Bo and have always been a fan of Bo/Hope.. I'm willing to give Aiden a chance. They could develop a wonderful love story again on Days, full of humor and romance, that we all miss. Oh, I forgot... they should open Grandma Horton's famous Donut Shop next to the 'special shop'. that's all....

I agree about the humor or lighthearted episodes on the show. Even when there is a lot of hate, doom and gloom on the show, episodes such as when Susan was on last week can really make a difference and make Days more watchable at times.

We certainly need to see more couples together. Hope and Aiden are the best new couple in a long time, my only fear is that eventually the show is going to ruin them just as they have ruined most of the other couples in recent years. Most of the couples these writers have put together are extremely boring together.

I also want the story lines to move along better. Most days are just random groups of people getting together and talking about a situation that does not move the plot along. Some stories are still going on long after they should be (i.e. Jordan) without us knowing many details, and others are dissolved before there is any story, such as when the lawsuit between Eve and Jennifer was settled, and now it seems there is no story for Eve except interfering with her daughter's relationship and aggravating Theresa.

Lately the show has been super boring. Take for example yesterday's episode with Eric telling Caroline the entire episode that Sami & EJ are back together. I mean, come on now, super boring. I FF through most of the episode so I really can't tell you what happened, but from the comments on here it looks like I didn't miss anything. How much longer are we going to have to wait for John to spit it out that he knows it was Theresa that attacked him?? geez

I've watched DAYS for 49 years and have stopped watching! In my opinion the show has become unwatchable! My time is more valuable. I could be eating bon-bons and watching the white puffy clouds float over my house, sounds more interesting! I want LOVE in the afternoon!

to fanofdayz: We have a lot in common. I have watched when not working, since day one. Humongous fan of Bo and Hope. Re: Eve--maybe she has gone grey and is using a blonde rinse! The way they write people now, we either hate them because they mean, wishy washy or meddlesome Minnies. I keep watching; probably due to habit!!

I haven't watched regularly in a long time, and I'm pretty sure I stopped when Clyde came to town. I tuned in for the Sami/EJ/Abigail fallout, watched that for a week or so, and then ever since I cannot say I've watched an entire weeks' worth of episodes. I watched both days Susan was on, haven't tuned in since. I record the show, read the summary and if there's anything I need to see (there hasn't been), it's there if I want to see it. Sadly, the two days I did watch, I felt like it was pretty much where I left off months ago. Nothing new.

Back