Clothing optional

SarahBeth

Reaction score
Well, this seems to be the rule in Ben's place. He's so dumb, he can't keep a towel on with the door wide open. And Abby?? Good grief. She is just in Ben's shirt and decides to take the trash out the door, down the hallway and around the corner?????????? And she's a college graduate?????

I guess Days is just obsessed with sex & showers. LOL Wonder if we next get to see Maggie & Marlena in towels, and heck, we got Clyde naked in bed and in a robe. Let's get Victor & Roman to parade around in their towels. Wait......I think all the ones I mentioned here have just too much class to be THAT inappropriate. :)

Some of the cast from the show Little House On The Prairie used to say in interviews that Michael Landon and other male stars would purposely be shown shirtless every few episodes. The target demographic was women (I forget the age range) so that's why they did it.

So I can understand why Ben or one of the other younger guys would occasionally be shown in a towel or shirtless but there is no reason to see Nicole or Kate showing so much skin. And while that was supposed to be Ben's shirt, that was an extra long silk blouse on Abigail not a male shirt. I'd actually prefer to see that over her in a towel or robe that's coming off.

I just want someone to explain to me why Jordan is wearing a little black dress to work. And around town to run errands? It's almost a cocktail dress. And while quite lovely, totally ridiculous. I kind of miss mousy Jordan, at least her work wardrobe and shoes were sensible for a physical therapist.

I don't particularly care if they take their shirts off, wear towels, robes or whatever as long as there is a GOOD story to go along with it...........which is not happening.

Exactly :clap:
Some of the cast from the show Little House On The Prairie used to say in interviews that Michael Landon and other male stars would purposely be shown shirtless every few episodes. The target demographic was women (I forget the age range) so that's why they did it.

So I can understand why Ben or one of the other younger guys would occasionally be shown in a towel or shirtless but there is no reason to see Nicole or Kate showing so much skin. And while that was supposed to be Ben's shirt, that was an extra long silk blouse on Abigail not a male shirt. I'd actually prefer to see that over her in a towel or robe that's coming off.
I think a lot of the male audience thinks Nicole is really attractive (she is very pretty and ages well), so they show her like that to appease them, just as Brady is shirtless often to appease the female demo.

Who the heck needs to be appeased? Maybe pleased. But shirtless does not take the place of good dialogue, good story. Neither do shrink wrapped dresses that are too short for anyone to appropriately wear.
It seems the idea is to distract the viewing audience from the fact that the story is terrible, or rather, there is none. Just filler scenes.

Who the heck needs to be appeased? Maybe pleased. But shirtless does not take the place of good dialogue, good story. Neither do shrink wrapped dresses that are too short for anyone to appropriately wear.
It seems the idea is to distract the viewing audience from the fact that the story is terrible, or rather, there is none. Just filler scenes.

I agree completely. I hope nobody thinks I was defending the writers--I just was pointing out what it seemed to me they were doing. Just as they come up with "shocking" romps between people like Eve & JJ to distract from the terrible storylines.

Back