Classic Days episodes

Just Samantha

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Y&R and B&B are showing "classic" episodes on Fridays, to stretch out their new episodes (they're only 4-6 weeks ahead in taping).

It's been great to see such oldies from the Y&R vault. (B&B's Friday reruns have been fairly recent, within the last handful of years)

Today, Y&R showed a masquerade ball from 1991, with nearly all the cast in attendance, and tons of extras filling the room. Got to see Quinn Redeker (who had played Alex Marshall on Days), Patty Weaver (who had been Trish Clayton Banning on Days) and Barbara Crampton (who played Marlena's cousin Trista Evans). Was so nice to see such a lavish party and long-gone characters.

If Days did this, which classic/old episodes would you like to see?

I'd love to see many of the happy weddings from back in the day, like Roman and Marlena, John and Marlena, Bo and Hope, Kim and Shane, Steve and Kayla, Doug and Julie, the double wedding of Maggie/Mickey and Melissa/Pete, Eugene and Calliope (her dress filled with twinkle lights), Reggie and Martha (Calliope's dog), etc.

Days is so cheap these days, they would not want to pay the royalties for the various characters no longer on Days, the music, etc.

I would enjoy seeing episodes from November 1990 when they were in Alamania during Days 25th Anniversary. (Jack, Jennifer, Bo, Carly, Kayla, Shane, Julie, Frankie)

I would also like to see episodes from December 1991 when they were in San Cristobal Mexico with John, Marlena, Isabella, Roman, Bo and Carly

I remember when original recipe Roman was trying to get help. He was on the ground with a radio, while John was in a plane or helicopter. Roman was on the radio saying something like "This is Roman Brady, can you hear me?" and John was replying "No, THIS is Roman Brady, can you hear ME?"

Just read that Y&R and B&B will run out new episodes this week. Starting this coming Friday, they'll both air old episodes every day until restrictions are lifted and they can return to the studios.

Yes and new commentaries and theme weeks! I might have to give them a view or two.

Personally if Days did go the same route - and honestly I hope they don't - I'd love if they did the week of Susan/Kristen's wedding to John, a week or two of the Salem Slasher, some 1970s episodes (Julie and Bob would be fun to see), really mix it up. And have the actors record commentary via Skype - they could reasonably stretch 5 episodes in to 6, or skip an episode (stretching 4 from a week into 5) by talking about it in case they can't get the rights to it (most likely its music/score).

According to Jason47, Days has enough finished episodes to go until mid-October. However, they do have those cancelled Olympic weeks to fill.

Did any of you hear/see the facebook comment that "it is getting serious!" about all the soap operas running out of scripts before long? I understand they are not filming at this time.

Y&R and B&B will run out of episodes this week. They'll both start airing "classic" episodes until restrictions are lifted and new episodes can be written and taped.

Days has enough episodes completed to keep airing until October, and enough written until New Year's.

Not sure where GH sits right now. I believe they're also about to run out of new episodes and will air old episodes for as long as needed.

They are all on lockdown, like we all are, prime time has stopped filming, so "final episodes" there are being delayed as well. The other 3 daytime soaps were not as far ahead as Days was in filming, so have nearly used up the ones they had, (showing "classics" on Fridays. Days was so far ahead, they could go til mid-end of October before running out of new episodes. As it is, evidently the writers kept writing scripts, and according to the headwriter, have written up to New Year's (by writing to early April) but have now stopped. With everyone having to "stay home", (and CA was hard hit with the Covid virus, they really don't know when things will begin to resume.

Back