Christmas show

oldsoapie

Reaction score
Now let's see..........do I have this right? The Horton family ornament ceremony is the big event of Christmas and they didn't even wait for JJ to get home?
Jennifer's hair looked even worse than ever!
Abby the bed hopper read the Christmas story?
At least John came home and hopefully he and Marlena will work things out now.
Melanie and Brady are definitely heading for "romance".
JJ tells Paige "we're done". No reason, just we're done.......

Maybe the show feels that with so few Hortons in town nowadays, that is all the time they can use. They had LUCAS in town, and send him to L.A. (and I have no problem at all with him being with his daughter) but that ornament hanging could have been done on Christmas Eve, and then Lucas flies out. PLUS..we hear Lucas & Sami take the kids to a ski place so they can have a white Christmas?? Why not back to Salem, but then, there is no white Christmas there, is there?
I just wish the show would have been playing some Christmas hymn (It Came Upon a Midnight Clear??) while ornaments were SLOWLY hung, and at least have people say their loved ones' names. If they can do Julie's homage to Nick, then they could have done the same for others. At least Maggie made her speech.
But there are a lot of newer viewers who have no idea Bill Horton is Jen's dad, and Lucas's as well. Or that Addie is Hope's mother, & Julie's mother as well. Or even who Zack was.

Oh my goodness. There was just so much wrong with today's show. Definitely not in the top ten of their Christmas episodes. Geez, it almost didn't make it UP to be in the bottom 10.

Abigail reading the Christmas story was just plain awful. I'd rather have seen more of Abe as Santa with Theo his elf.

I was really angry that they had JJ out and about and breaking up with Paige during the entire ceremony. First of all, I feel that this whole mess (including the second hookup with Eve if they had to have one) should have waited until after Christmas and the story should have been: Paige shows up, surprising JJ, he brings her home to the ceremony. Period. Secondly, while it was nice that Jen wasn't all freaked out about where he was, she should have at least called him to say that they were about to start. Thirdly, Daniel is MUCH MUCH MUCH closer with JJ than with Abby but he didn't even seem surprised that JJ wasn't there or ask where he was???

The Ornament cameos were the best part of the show...sadly. I am really trying to find something good.
John and the ornaments (sounds like a 50's music group) was the best. Loved seeing Kim as short as it was.
Victor was good with his gift. He looked so happy and grateful.

I hate to be a "Negative Nancy/Debbie Downer" but geez...
Melanie mooning over Brady
Ciara being Ciara (a brat)
Eve and JJ :sick: X infinity
Doug ranting and not his cheerful self...not that I can blame him, he did kind of come around.

I think TPTB feel the same way about Kassie Depaiva (Eve) that they do about Shawn Christian (Daniel). So any notable episode, we're going to be subject to both characters.

I was really angry that they had JJ out and about and breaking up with Paige during the entire ceremony.
Agree. The ornament ceremony is one of the few truly heartwarming and uplifting events of the year -- a time when Salemites take a break from their usual delusions, deceptions, and acts of dishonesty. To intersperse this with the unhappy result of one of the most truly repellent events in recent Days history (even worse than the EJ-Sami hate boink) was a disservice to the viewers.

Call me crazy, but I get the feeling TBTP want to retire the ornaments and the traditional Horton Christmas just like they've retired so many historic sets. We've said it and Corday has said, this is no longer your grandmother's soap. Why devote too much time to or continue something that literally has no meaning to the viewers they are targeting? Like someone up thread said, how many of the current viewers even know who Zack is?

Back