Bloodlines

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So, let's get something straight here. Paige Larson is not related by blood to the Bradys. She is the daughter of Eve and some unknown man. Eve is the daughter of Shane Donovan and Gabrielle Paschal.

Thus no blood ties to the Bradys. While Kim was married to Shane, they did not raise Eve, nor have anything to do with her once she left Salem. And they had nothing to do with Paige at all. Paige has never mentioned them.

So. let's just treat them as the show is treating them.

But she is related to the Bradys. They are her step-family. Just because Kimberly and Shane didn't raise Eve, doesn't negate the fact that Kimberly is Eve's step-mother and Paige's step-grandmother. (since it appears Shane and Kim are together and remarried) It then makes Caroline her step-great-grandmother, Kayla her step-great-aunt, Roman her step-great-uncle and so forth.

I know all that. But it does not mean a thing. They were not "family" per se. There was no interaction between any of them as such, and actually, Kim was divorced from Shane for many years, married or with another man.
There is no reason the Bradys should be considered "family" by Eve or Paige.

We'll have to agree to disagree because Kim and Shane were together for many years, apart for many years, but are now together again. Eve makes enough comments about Kimberly and Shane that Paige is obviously familiar with Kimberly as a family member. We know Eve has had no contact with the Salem Bradys, but they are still her step-family.

I agree that they aren't family because they weren't treated as such before. They definitely aren't blood family.

My one cousin's step children and grandchildren are my family because they were with us from when the kids were little and the birth of the grandchildren. We treat them like they're blood to us.

Another cousin's steps (live in my town) are not family to me because I've never been around them. In fact, I only even see or hear of them when their names appear in the police reports.

Brady was also raised by John and Marlena after Sami and Eric were already adults. Viewers never saw him be close to the twins until very recently when they all started referring to one another as siblings rather than as step-siblings. I'd bet if John were to spend Christmas with Marlena and the Brady family, Brady would be there as well.

Kind of the same logic with Eve and Paige.

I actually agree with both JS and Poirot even though they disagree here ...

On the one hand, the show is not entirely wrong to ignore the step-relations (for the reasons Poirot mentioned, and for the possibility of romantic links in the future) ... on the other hand, it wouldn't be that difficult for them to MENTION having heard about certain family members (especially since Kayla was keeping an eye on Jeannie Theresa).

But I find the latter symptomatic of the fact that Paige's connection to Eve was very 11th hour.

The only reason Paige was Eve's daughter is because they needed to tie her to someone for the sake of the plot. I would rather have Rory be Eve's son and Jennifer and Eve should be fighting about why Rory is the bad influence on JJ. That would make more sense. Paige can just be some girl untied to a family and she can leave town anytime. I don't see how Paige would want to stick around town after the truth is revealed about Eve/JJ being together. I think the writers have boxed themselves in a corner when it comes to Paige.

Back