Best wedding memories

lonewriter

Reaction score
My favorite wedding was Bo and Hope's first wedding, that was amazing and the funniest wedding was when John thought he was marrying Kristen but it was really Susan and her teeth flew out of her mouth and landed in Vivian's glass I fell out of my chair laughing!

My favorite was Patch & Kayla on the boat, and she got her voice back. I think that wedding lasted 3 days, and had a large wedding party, and no one spoiled it. LOL

I do miss those kinds of weddings...though I understand the whys and wherefores, the reduction in cast, budget, etc.

Here's a montage of Days' weddings, from the 25th Anniversary:

Mickey and Maggie
Doug and Julie
Don and Marlena
Neil and Liz
Roman and Marlena
Bo and Hope
Tony and Anna
Eugene and Calliope
Roman/John and Marlena (when John thought he was Roman)
Shane and Kimberly
Justin and Adrienne
Patch and Kayla

I have loved all the weddings of the early years, Mickey/Maggie, Bo/Hope, Patch/Kayla, Jack/Jennifer, Shane/Kim, John/Marlena they were all special in there own way.

But in the last few years I have to say Rafe and Sami wedding, it was about LOVE, not because of lies, manipulations, deceit, trying to stop a vendetta! It was about family, very intimate, they involved the kids with the wedding braid, Rafe talking to the kids, they made Caroline a part of it. Their vows were beautiful; everything about it was about LOVE and FAMILY!

The first wedding I remember was Jack and Jenn filmed at Universal Studios Hollywood though the show placed it somewhere else.

My favorites are Sami and Lucas' green wedding and Rafe and Sami outside with the kids.

Here's a montage of Days' weddings, from the 25th Anniversary:
Mickey and Maggie
Doug and Julie
Don and Marlena
Neil and Liz
Roman and Marlena
Bo and Hope
Tony and Anna
Eugene and Calliope
Roman/John and Marlena (when John thought he was Roman)
Shane and Kimberly
Justin and Adrienne
Patch and Kayla
JS, thanks for the reminder that there was once a time when Salem had numerous upbeat weddings. More recently, viewers have been treated to the groom being shot during the ceremony (EJ), the bride being shot (Melanie), a guest revealing an incriminating photo of the bride (Kate at the "green wedding"), the bride walking out before the ceremony (Sami), a guest raising havoc (Chad), and of course the infamous sex tape at the ill-fated Kristen-Brady wedding. With a record like this, it's a wonder that anyone in Salem wishes to get married or attend a wedding. They can be such downers, and occasionally even dangerous. Surely, the Will-Sonny affair will be a throwback to the good old days, but all bets are probably off for the EJ-Sami wedding festivities.

Thank you, Just Samantha for posting that video, I got a little teary eyed!

I remember most of the 80's weddings - Patch and Kayla's was my favorite! Love most of the other ones too.
Jack and Jennifer's wedding at the studios I remember, I remember thinking how much I loved her dress at the time. I also loved Lucas and Sami's green wedding (out of Sami's weddings..lol)

JS, thanks for the reminder that there was once a time when Salem had numerous upbeat weddings. More recently, viewers have been treated to the groom being shot during the ceremony (EJ), the bride being shot (Melanie), a guest revealing an incriminating photo of the bride (Kate at the "green wedding"), the bride walking out before the ceremony (Sami), a guest raising havoc (Chad), and of course the infamous sex tape at the ill-fated Kristen-Brady wedding. With a record like this, it's a wonder that anyone in Salem wishes to get married or attend a wedding. They can be such downers, and occasionally even dangerous. Surely, the Will-Sonny affair will be a throwback to the good old days, but all bets are probably off for the EJ-Sami wedding festivities.

Don't forget the explosion that killed Madison on her and Brady's wedding day!

I loved the weddings of the 80's especially Steve and Kayla, Bo and Hope. They were something to look forward to.

Haven't enjoyed many weddings in the past few years except Sami and Lucas, and Sami and Rafe.

Mine has to be Bo and Hope's first wedding, then Patch and Kayla I think.

One of the smaller weddings I enjoyed from the 80s was Eugene and Calliope's wedding, which was shown in the montage above. What I remember about that wedding was when Alex Marshall and Emma Donovan were marrying the same evening (New Year's Eve, 1985), and Alex tried to trick everyone into attending their wedding instead of Eugene and Calliope's wedding. Once everyone realized what Alex was up to, everyone left and went to the outdoor wedding in the snow that Eugene and Calliope were having :clap: .

One of the points I loved during that time is that you always knew which couple to root for (Eugene and Calliope), and which wedding the audience wanted to see. Nobody liked Alex and Emma.

Back