Apartments in Salem

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Is always amazing to me that no matter how small or large an apartment is in Salem, the kitchen is always part of the living room.
Now I know that in "studio apartments, that is the case.....but all these apartments in Salem are made even smaller than Marry Richards' apt. (Mary Tyler Moore show), but at least her sofa/bed was AWAY from the stove & frig. We have seen this "arrangment" in Theresa's place, Daniel's, Rafe's old place, his new handicap accessible one, Sami's old apartment, Will & Sonny's.... but at least they have a place to live, I guess. Lucas, Ben, Aiden, Tad, Kate (oops, she has one now, lol) and even Hope seem to all be living at the Town Square, in the Pub, or the Club. Sheesh.

At least Alice Horton had a seperate kitchen, tho now it is such a tiny one, as was the one in Maggie's old house. Amazing how these huge homes would have such tiny kitchens. LOL

The thing is, I do understand wanting big open space, or being able to see the TV while in the kitchen, or being able to chatter with the guests, but this is not the layout. Instead, sofas are backed up against the stove! Grease splatters, steam, things bubble and sometimes boil over....onto sofas?? Do people really want to see all the dirty dishes, pots, plans, cooking utensils, etc. (yes, I know no one on TV ever cooks, or even eats in their apartments - the most they ever do is drink tea from empty cups, just like they drink coffee from empty cups at the Pub or Club.
Do you ever pay attention to how much sugar they add to their coffee or tea? LOL

I have been in places where the kitchen is open to the living area, but not like these on Days. I wonder why the frig is not right in front of the sofa. Makes it easy to get soda, or ice. LOL

Back