9/15/2024 - Donuts and Tele-health calls

robinsnest

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Good morning..... HB asked me why I thought his doctor's office would be closed at 9:30 in the morning.... ah because it's Sunday? He has lost track of the days of the week. I got him connected with a Tele doctor and she's ordered him some medication and I'll be heading to pick that up as soon as I get done here and shower. Between him being ill and keeping the dog on rest no toys, I'll need a vacation.....

I'm still feeling okay, I'll test again in a day or two sooner if I start feeling bad.

I hope everyone has a super fantastic Sunday.....

Just got back from seeing my dad in the hospital who has been in and out since August 1st. He is fed up and wants to get on with what we hope is a procedure that will let him go home, but nothing happens on Sundays. I am so very sick of that hospital; my husband got ill on our January vacation and we were at the same hospital off and on for 6 months before we gave up and went private. The day we returned from our trip to Montreal to get him sorted my dad started having falls. I developed ulcers. My doctor asked if I had had any extra stress this year? Ha ha

Booked a redo vacation for January. I need it. However, it the sun is shining, my pool water is 90 degrees, and Dad is alert and himself, so I am counting my blessings. It is his 83rd birthday in 4 weeks and I want him home and eating Thanksgiving Turkey.

Another cool morning. It's sunny this afternoon in the 80s with high humidity. I'll probably
have to turn on the A/C again.

I worked in the front flowerbed and watered it this morning. The dryer is going after I washed
clothes at dinner time.

robin, I hope HB feels better soon and you won't get sick.

brisbydog, I hope your dad's procedure goes well and you and your husband get better.

I hope everyone has a good rest of the day.

FYI, the Emmy's are on tonight. It starts at 7 Central time on ABC.

Brisby, what a difficult year for your family! I don't know how you can get it but you definitely need some time to "decompress." I hope your dad can get the procedure and that it will be a success. Counting blessings is always a good thing and sometimes it is most helpful. Wishing you a tasty Thanksgiving in advance, with all your family. God bless!

Kat, you've been a busy bee this morning. Maybe you can settle down and relax some for the rest of the day.

Robin, it's a relief to know you were able to get some medication on the way for HB. You're such a good care giver and I honestly don't know how you keep track of everything the way you do. I hope the Beast will be off restrictions soon, assuming that will make things better and not worse for you. I especially hope the Covid bug doesn't get hold of you.

I had to take an allergy pill this morning and thought I wasn't going to be able to stay awake during church. I squirmed more than usual and even pinched myself a few times.

Thanks all. Just had a visit from my 2 year old grandson. That always works for me. He is full of light and love.

I hope you avoid covid Robin, dad of course got it in hospital, but at least he is immune now.

Kat is it hot here today again, plus 30 in Canadian but the pool is 92 American now lol. I think I will go have a swim before I try to cobble together a meal. My sister is arriving from Toronto at 8pm to take over looking after my Mum for the week as I have to get some work done.

I'm not a total fan, but they have come in handy for visits when I've been out of town with a bladder infection, so much faster than trying to find a Doc in a Box. Given HB is ancient he needed to get help clearing his lungs before it went into pneumonia. It's not something I'll use a lot but it's helpful when needed.

Back