5/1/24 - Donuts & May Day

Good morning everyone.

Another beautiful spring day here. Yesterday's horrendous storm split in two. Then the parts went around us so we only got a tiny little sprinkle of rain. It wasn't even enough to make a splash on the windshield.

Working on monthly reports, and already getting a headache. The same people have screwed up again. Their mistakes are so confusing that I can't even begin to figure out what they did. Nope...sending everything back for them to fix. I won't even look at their state database entries until everything is corrected. GRRRR

Lil0 - We've never celebrated May Day in northwestern Pennsylvania. I've only seen people dance around a May pole in movies.

Morning... I wish I could say I'm better.... but I'm not.... I thought I was till I stripped the bed... given I've spent so much time in it, I though new clean sheets would be nice.... but after that little effort.... I had to sit down and almost nap.... Instead I put the show on.... and it was not an uplifting display of acting or story telling.... the plus side the kon wasn't on......

the mower man has been through out yard now waiting for him to do everything else.... it's so odd.... and I'm not up to confronting them today....

robin, when you have been sick, you do not change the sheets all at once. You can take off the used, then go have a cup of tea. At least 15 minutes. Then, you put on the bottom sheet. Go watch TV for at least 1/2 hr. Put on top sheet, spend next hour having a mid-morning snack, or lunch, depending on the time. Then you can put on the blanket, quilt, whatever. And you go sit outside with a glass of ice tea, or on the sofa, TV on, for a least 90 minutes. Now comes pillow cases, plump them up onto the bed, add any other covering you might want or use........and Voila! And of course, you order dinner out. LOLOL

Good morning. Lil0, that picture looks like it would bring back fun memories for those who participated. I don't think I ever heard of such a thing during my childhood.

Squirrel, I know what a relief it is to have the severe storms split and go in other directions. I'm so glad you were in the "miss" last night. Good for you to send those reports back for correction. I hope by doing so you may avoid a full-blown migraine.

Sexton, you're to be commended for your devotion. Getting up at 4:00 a.m. is my idea of torture.

Wilde Woman, nothing like a sunflower peeking in to brighten a day! Hurray for you, getting some sunshine!

Robin, thanks for the reminder I need to get on my mower guy's list... Robin, I'm concerned about you. I wish they had tried harder to figure out what's wrong with you. I'm hoping and praying you will be better before Friday but if you aren't and you do have to go back, be thinking if there are any things you've done or places you've been that could give a clue to check for something more "exotic." When my son got Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever it wasn't right up there on their list of things to check. Be better soon!!:big hug:

Like Squirrel, I'd only seen pictures or movies of Maypole. Here in Texas the celebrations will soon focus on Cinco de Mayo. But even that was not "a thing" for more than half of my life. I'm not sure when, why, or how it happened but some years ago it turned into something big. Anyway, I slept until 8:00 this morning and haven't done much beyond the routine essentials so far. The storms here will begin to move in after 4:00 p.m. They're saying worse than the ones last night, which didn't reach us at all but caused misery for Oklahoma.

Be safe and well, everyone.

I woke up early when it was thunderstorming. Rain not in forecast last night. I was going to
leave Bible study early to plant flowers, but flower bed wet again. If no rain rest of today, I'll
plant two flowers in the morning. Rain again tomorrow afternoon and rest of week.

robin, I'm sorry you're not feeling better. Until you do, no more cleaning. You need rest.

rs, I'm glad you didn't get more rain. Good for you to sending reports back.

rf, I'm glad you're able to get work. Rest when you can.

OC, I hope you're having a good day.

Wilde Woman, enjoy the sun.

It's almost time for me to leave for PT. I hope everyone will have a restful evening.

Poirot, except for the ordering dinner out part, you have described how most of my housework goes these days even when I'm not sick. :) But seriously, I think it is good advice for someone who's as sick as Robin is right now.
Yep........me too. And as far as ordering dinner out........that only means, a TV dinner from the freezer, you only have to put in microwave; or something you only need to use a can opener to get; or perhaps a sandwich, chips, a glass of pop, water, or whatever. You know, easy does it, you're exhausted,

Back