4/30/24 - Donuts and National Adopt a Shelter Pet Day

Good morning rf and everyone yet to stop in.

We're having summer weather here with another 80*F day. The nasty storms that have been plaguing the mid-west will be arriving here shortly. Not looking forward to the thunder boomers.

rf, all but one of my dogs were from the local shelter, too. He was from a friend who lived on a farm.

Dreary day in NY. A chilly 56, windy, rainy. But the trees which were bare are slowly filling in and are starting to look very pretty.

rfsexton: Bless your sweet Boomer.

redsquirrel: Wishing you and all your pets the best with the incoming storms.

Everyone have a lovely day, whether or not you have good weather.

3 years ago today, we picked up our dog from a shelter. He was found in a ditch in Northern Saskatchewan while the organization was on another rescue. He was so skinny and despite whatever happened, abandoned, lost from family, or whatever, he has given us nothing but love, loyalty, a trust in us that says, "thanks for making me a part of the pack". I like to think he got lost from his human pack while out Christmas tree hunting. He chased a deer and just got lost. It's better thinking that than abandoned because we know he was loved and very well trained before we came along.

Last edited:
I searched out a breeder and don't regret is for one minute.....

I'm on Day 3 of fever, body ache, shivers, dry cough, my teeth hurt, my hair hurts and If I walk the 15 or so steps from my bed to the toilet I need to rest for a bunch of minutes.. I see the doctor in an hour I'm sure it's a virus and there is nothing he can do for me.... but I tried....
Covid tests 3 of them taken 24 hours approximately apart all negative......

It's a beautiful day in my neighborhood. It's sunny after a foggy morning. It's over 80.

I posted summary early. I took out Fenix, ate lunch and now I'm in the flowerbed. I hope
to be outside until I get this section done. I moved a big rock so I can get the weeds out
from under it. I found some little ants. Later, I noticed I undercovered a nest of baby
ladybugs. I've never seen them so small before. There's a toad in my flowerbed too. I'm
moving dirt again since there a humps here and there.

robin, I hope you feel better soon.

rs, I hope the storms won't be bad where you are.

Wilde Woman, thanks for posting the song.

Muzzaman, I'm glad you gave Watson a good home.

Rest time over. I need to get back outside. I hope everyone will try to have a nice rest
of the day.

I searched out a breeder and don't regret is for one minute.....

I'm on Day 3 of fever, body ache, shivers, dry cough, my teeth hurt, my hair hurts and If I walk the 15 or so steps from my bed to the toilet I need to rest for a bunch of minutes.. I see the doctor in an hour I'm sure it's a virus and there is nothing he can do for me.... but I tried....
Covid tests 3 of them taken 24 hours approximately apart all negative......
Let us know what the doc says

Oh my, that may be the first time I'd heard Donny Osmond since I lived in PA and we used to watch his show on tv, back in the 1970s. Blast from the past. Thanks, WW. I'm glad you're seeing some green for cheer during your dreary weather.

Kat, I don't know if I've ever seen a nest of real ladybugs or not. I don't even know if there are still any of them around here. They may have all been killed off by all the aerial spraying that's done to crops. Ugh! I do see those nasty Japanese beetles--ladybug look-alikes, sort of, though. Sounds like you have a good eco-system going on.

Robin, three days is a long time to be so sick and running a fever like that. I hope you've gotten some helpful information and treatment by now.

Muzz, that's an interesting way to think of how you found your dog. The reality of how many people abandon them in ways where there's little hope of their survival is sad indeed. My niece just rescued (another) one last week, with the intention of finding someone to foster it, but I can tell she's getting attached to him so I have my doubts he'll be leaving her home.

Squirrel, I hope the storms don't do any damage where you are. No flooding for you either. They will be starting up here again tonight, with chances throughout the week. I haven't done much today. Washed my sheets and a few other things, cleaned out food scraps from the refrigerator and carried them off, cooked some sickening glop for lunch, ate a little and threw the rest of it out. Took a short nap.

Sexton, it's wonderful Boomer has been with you for such a long time.

Hello, Poirot and anyone else looking on.

There ARE different kinds of flu.......I seem to remember a few years back when folks were getting flu despitehaving the shots & finally it was said there was a different form of flu going round. I could be wremembering wrong......just hope whatever it is for Robin, it leaves soon.

Back