How would you bring Jack back to Salem?

NikkiFan

Reaction score
Last time we actually saw Jack was in the elevator. Him coming back from being dead has been done to death. If it meant getting him back, then I could stomach another amnesia story. But what are some other ways?

Cameron, who identified the "body" was also on stefano's payroll, his "mole". (There just had to be a reason a family member did not identify the" body". ) So, Jack did not die.
And take your pick of these.....The government needed Jack because, having been held prisoner in Afghanistan for so long, he undoubtably "heard" information that government considers valuable and thus is helping there.
Or, because of a lot of injuries, Jack decided he did not want to put his family thru another recovery period, as it was going to be a long, long road, with therapy, etc. And Jack always would have this "my family is better off without me" mantra swirling around inside his head.
Or, Stefano has been keeping him prisoner, intending to use him in some sort of "swap" deal at some point in time, if needed. Sort of "insurance".

P.S. If Cameron WAS on Stefano's payroll, good reason for Nicole's baby to turn up alive. sshhhh.

Stefano having a file on Abby gives me a tiny bit of hope, but of course it could be something to do with her and EJ or who knows what. I can't really remember any interactions between Stefano and Jack, but we know that the past doesn't matter to the writers. Maybe someone from Afghanistan followed Jack back to Salem and was just waiting for the right time to be able to kidnap him. Justin could be working to get Jack freed.

In a pine box with a permanent tag on his big toe.

I'm with you, KathyLu.......I feel they have brought Jack back from the dead so many times and the show has treated him so poorly for being such a loved character to the fans that if I were Matthew Ashford (Jack) I'd be flipping off the execs. Plus, I'm not a big fan of Jack anymore considering how he has been written over the past umpteen millionth time he has been brought back. I like the actor but not the character, BUT perhaps with the new writers, they could redeem him and because he is a part of the Days legacy I'd be ok with him coming back. I just have other faves that I'd like to see return, like Anna and Tony.

But if they were to bring him back I'd like him to come back after being rescued by Steve and Bo from wherever Bo has been.

I would actually bring him back as a clone created by Stefano. A clone that managed to escape somehow, has broken out of the mind-control that Stefano put into place to torture the Hortons, and he has all the same memories that real-Jack had (for inexplicable reasons).

He and Jen DO NOT fall back together. Dan and Jen DO NOT fall back together either. Jen is horribly confused and leaves town for awhile to figure this out, while the kids bond with fake-Jack....

....and then we find out, a year later when he's embedded in our consciousness and we're ok with him, that he really is Jack. And we find that out via something that Bo and Steve and John have been checking out.

Whatever the reason Bo and Jack do return, it sets up some good, old-fashioned Salem reunion scenes when they return.

Hope: "Bo, how dare you disappear to work for the ISA! Everyone knows its chances of "bringing down" the DiMeras are even worse than my police force!!

Ciara: "Daddy, you were very bad running off like that, but you can make it up to me with a visit to the Baron's jewelry counter."

Jen Jen (ranting): "Jack, don't you ever get tired of disappearing without notice. And don't tell me that you had amnesia. Only John Black ever really gets amnesia!

Love Doctor: "Jack, glad you're back. This time, they'll be no competition for Jennifer. You can take her, please!"

Eve: "OK, Jack, now that you're back, you can get off your butt and start promoting your book. If the royalties dry up, I might have to start to work for a living. And, by the way, tell your son to find a new girlfriend."

Zoe Browning: "Mr. Deveraux, it's good to meet you. Would you consider writing for Sonix? My readers are complaining that the articles by Will Horton are badly-written trash."

I agree with KathyLu and Muzza---I don't really care for Jack, but if they brought him back and made him more tolerable (for me), I could get behind it. He just seemed too silly for Jennifer.

I'd have him brought back by the ISA, having been "switched out" by Stefano for any reason the writers care to throw at us, but he's still badly injured, and his whole clan relocates. If he stays in town, let him report on things with Nicole, but I've no desire to see him with Jen ever again, and I've grown tired of both of his kids.

Then Lucas moves into the Horton House.

I like the idea of a fake Jack last time around. Jack has been captive all this time, and is finally saved (not by Dan !!!!). He comes back to town, wants nothing to do with Jennifer, as he does not recognize this shrew as the woman he once loved. He helps JJ move on from Eve and Paige, while Abigail and Jennifer take on long trip to wherever (I don't care as long as they leave). And Jack goes back to being a reporter, takes over the newspaper/tv station where Nicole works, turns it around and Jack and Nicole become a team of reporters and eventually fall in love. Maybe in a while, JJ can join as a reporter and investigate stories instead of sleeping with a mother and a daughter. :sick:

I would like to see Jenn Jenn have to fight for Jack's love, rediscover her true self (not this shrew the writers have turned her into). I would like to see her fall into a cake, act crazy in love etc. Bring Jack back and help redeem Jennifer Rose Horton.

Back